• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scrambled Eggs!!

PurpleB

Hi,

Tried a few mouthfuls of scrambled eggs and felt awful! Was as if it got stuck and felt sick but wasn't. This is my first day on mashed food and has made me very cautious. Anyone else found eggs to be a problem?

Thanks,

Moira

scrambled egg bacon (shredded) and cheese is my favourite ............the cheese makes it moist its like an open quiche

i'm having problems eating pork sausages and ham (silly really as i eat bacon in my eggs)

i stop when i've had enough

No, but I have read on here that some people do ... something to do with the consistency. Try them poached & I bet you will be fine with that ... good luck, sweetie xxx :)

I am nearly 18 months out and can't eat eggs in any shape or form.:(
Everytime I try I need to go and lie down.
I really miss bacon and egg sarnies on a Sunday morning :cry:
Some others have managed at about 2 years out so I live in hope

Hi Moira, the first time I tried scrambled eggs 2 weeks ago I mixed it with a tea spoon of Philly Lite. Gawd it was lovely. Then the following week I did the same again and after 2 teaspoons I had the worse pain in my chest. So Ive left it for a couple of weeks. I may give it a try again tomorrow and see how I get on. Like others have said on here some days you can eat certain things no prob then the next time you can have an issue. So leave it while and go back and try it again!!!! Good luck.

Cant eat whites only the yolk!

I make my scramble egg very kinda runny using loads of milk and always have Tom sauce on it aswell I couldn't have it for about 8 weeks before it agreed with me but it loves me now,,... Give it time ???

I am 4 months post bypass and can't handle scrambled eggs. But I can have a boiled egg all mixed up in a cup. Not sure what the logic behind it is but just glad I can still have eggs in some form.

HHiya, I started my puree stage 4 days a go. My first meal was very runny scrambled eggs. Tasted awesome when I ate it. But five minutes later my chest blocked and I threw it all back up. Every last bit. Was a same as really enjoyed it but will wait a few more months until I try again. the next day the saME appened with pureed fis :-( mas potatoe great for now and carrs meltz crackerds

Hi Moira, I tried a poached egg today!!! No good only ate 1/2 of it and it came back up.
So im definately giving the eggs a miss for now.
For lunch I had 2 tablespoons of spaghetti hoops and 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoe with a sprinkling of LF cheese on the top and it was heaven. Went down a treat no problems at all. You will have to try it. Good luck. xx

I can manage poached & scrambled eggs on toast or with bacon & lashings of sugar free tomato sauce, omelettes feel like I'm swallowing razor blades but I can just about manage a Spanish omelette so perhaps being oven baked makes them moister & easier to swallow than in a pan, not tried boiled ones yet. But they certainly fill me up quickly but that's the protein levels working their magic there.

Eggs are difficult because they're soft and people tend to not chew them thoroughly. I had the same problem, eggs were a killer for me. The idea of mixing it with low fat Philly is a great idea but mash the eggs with it first and chew thoroughly and put your fork down in between each bit. Fish was a killer for me as well.

Thanks Guys.I never thought about spaghetti hoops - just got in my head that pasta is off limits for months. I'll give it a go.

Moira

Back