• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

selfish

Mandy i am with Allie. Does your gp do a counselling service? A lot do these days, or they have therapists they can refer too. I know you say you need the cbt, but i think a lot of your problem is your isolation. As supportive as we all are here its not the same as finding a kindred spirit that you can actually reach across to and touch them. I think i'd see if there are any support groups you could attend locally once the pain has gone....

Maybe a bit of volunteering when you've recovered at the local church mother n baby group or even offering to help in the local charity shops will get you interacting with people and open up a new network of friends.

I so hope your feeling better soon, i only wish i lived closer i'd bring you home and look after you xx

ps sorry couldn't have the cat, have a phobia about them xxx

Ooops forgot to say, i doubt very much that anyone would expect much support from you in the first few weeks as your priority is making you well....

However, in 12 months time Mandy you will be a great asset to this site and future wls members xx

yep when im better im gonna help at the cats protection also go swimming as i live very close to the sea.
dr does counselling but was told i couldnt have it although a freind on here is gonna help me with that.
i apreciate everyones help but really im ok just want the flipping sickness to pass.xx

Hi Mandy, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. It does sound like you could do with some kind of support - not only with your physical welfare - but just as importantly your emotional welfare also. I think the advice that you have had here from some people here has been excellent. I hope you stop feeling sick soon, that'll drag you down also. x

Hi Mandy, have not seen ya on line for the past 24 hrs and was wondering how u r.
Hope the constipation and wind has gone and u r starting to feel better. How did it go with the Red Cross what did they do. Have u weighed urself yet, am sure u would of had a fab loss in the past 30 days since ur surgery, i know when i see a good loss for myself it well and truly helps raise my moral.
Hope to see u posting soon, take care xxx

Hi mandy hows it going?you must of lost quite a bit now,four weeks on.has the constipation eased,drink plenty of water that is the main reason for it.Maz x

Hiya Mandy - How you feeling love?

Thanks Julie for the update pls say hi to her from me, is it she cant swallow again x

oh no i hope they manage to make her more comfortable and feel better this time :(
Sharon

Has anyone heard from her tonight? It must be so difficult going through all of this , emotionally speaking! Does she have any support from friends or family? Whilst I truly appreciate everyone from here's support it isn't quite the same is it? I hope she manages to get herself sorted!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have had a couple of texts from her today. She is doing OK and sends her love.

Hi gillabean, is it the same things like last time, probs swallowing. Hope they manage to sort things out this time, and finally Mandy can be on the road to a full recovery and reap the benefits of her bypass.
Can u pls say hi to Mandy from me.
How are u feeling hun are u getting back to normal, and have u noticed any differences yet,take care and chat soon luv Roch xx

hi again mandy said docs think it could be a hernia she is having ct tomorrow.
Will keep updated as i know anything.
cheers

Back