• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

seminar at sunderland

kimsvespa

had seminar at sunderland last night nearly didnt make it has think i had a bug spent all the meeting feeling unwell took wrong turning went round sunderland in a circle found the meeting really informitive their was some really nice people their all on the same journey anybody on here at sunderland love to speak with you let the journet begin;)

:welcome:

I'm @ srh too. I went to the seminar in Jan and felt like it was going to take a lifetime but had my surgeon appointment yesterday after seeing the dietician in May. I'm having an endoscopy (grrr) in Dec and then excpect to have pref a sleeve but possible bypass in Mar-May so in all it will have taken approx 14-16 months in total which I don't think is bad at all! Best of luck xxx

Hi I had my surgery at Sunderland.

I was referred by my gp in July 2009, had my seminar Sept 2009, Nurse & Dietician appt Feb 2010, Appt with Surgeon Sept 2010, Endoscopy Nov 2010 and got put on the list in Nov 2010 and then had bypass surgery May 2011.

I lost 2 stone before the op and I have lost 4 stone since and I can honestly say, this is the best thing I have ever done.

The team at Sunderland are brilliant, if you've got any questions just ask away, Karen x

Hi I had bypass in Sunderland 4th October 2011, my seminar 4th Aug 2010, so 14mths not bad going. Best thing I have done lost 21lb since op total of 4st 10lb.

Good luck on your journey. ;~}

HAWAY THE LADS AN LASSES GO SUNDERLAND GO

I am there tomorrow for my now monthly post complicated bypass follow up with my super surgeon - Any way Karen said it far better than I can...

"The team at Sunderland are brilliant, if you've got any questions just ask away, Karen x

i had my seminar in Jan 2011, dietician and bartatric nurse appointment 20th May, have to go on 9th Jan 2012 to see consultant

Hi, I lost 2kg between seminar and nurse appointment - you don't have to but if you do then you seem to get a smaller weight loss target for your surgeon's appointment - mine was only 1kg. I don't have to lose anymore weight between now and surgery (although I'm trying) but I can't put any on. X

Hiya Im at Sunderland too. I was there last month for the seminar and Ive got an appointment to see the nurse in March 2012 :) Im from Hartlepool.

Im trying to lose a stone or two before that appoinment :)

Good Luck hun

Hiya I am from Middlesbrough and attend Sunderland. Had my seminar September 2010 visit to dietician January 2011, Meeting with Surgeon June 2011, Endoscopy September 2011, Now the waiting game!!!! I agree with everyone else the Sunderland team have been brilliant
Pauline x

Hi,
Sunderland patient too,
had my seminar October , nurse in Feb , consultant July , endoscopy august ,pre op last friday and bypass next tuesday 8th nov.
from referral to pre-op I had lost 3 stone 7 lbs so did not have a weight loss target to meet.
Sunderland are the best , they have all been super and supportive and although the road may be a long one as each stage is reached you know you are one step closer to that final prize.

Morningstar, well done on your loss, hopefully I will meet my target set when I go in Jan....xmas is gonna be difficult, and OH (bless him) has booked us an AI holiday from 17th -24th Dec, his hearts in the right place but I could do without it lol. Hope your op goes well darl :)

I am at SRH too, I have my Consultants appointment next. I didnt get a target set as I had lost 2 stone between seminar and Dietician/Nurse Appointment, however she did stipulate that I cannot put any weight on.
Good Luck with your wls journey. xx

Madmam said:
Morningstar, well done on your loss, hopefully I will meet my target set when I go in Jan....xmas is gonna be difficult, and OH (bless him) has booked us an AI holiday from 17th -24th Dec, his hearts in the right place but I could do without it lol. Hope your op goes well darl :)

Madman,

I feel for you thinking of surviving Christmas - I will be 9 days out come the big day, have my 40th to contend with 4 days post op and New Years Eve as part of a restaurant family to also get through - oh and, as I live on my own, I'm staying with a very sociable part of the family through the whole lot as I can't get up the 2 flights of stairs to my little flat!

I can see a lot of us logging on here for support over the festive season.

Tatiana

Back