• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

seminar date

Woody76

Hi

Im very pleased to say I have recieved my date for my seminar at darlington hospital on 8th October. I thought it would have took alot longer. To be honest I hadnt even expected my gp surgery to even to have sent it yet because they are usually very slow with referrals.

So here the journey starts.

Does anyone know if I lose weight between now and the seminar would that count against me or will it be showing that I have commitment?

Does anyone else know if they are on this seminar?

I have to say this forum is fab I have learned loads off reading these posts

Woody xx :D

Hi woody pleased you have your date that's great news. They take your weight at seminar and give you a goal amount of weight to lose in about a 3 month period. What ever you lose before does not count however I did start losing before just to get my mind set and in the swing of eating right.
Hope this helps
Helen x

Thank you for the replies
clair I wish I was on same seminar then we could have chatted but hope we can keep in touch on here as really emotional and nervous hopefully we can help each other x
Helen thanks for that I was thinking the same thing that it will get me in the right frame of mind thinking of rejoining slimming world to help, where did you have your refferal if you dont mind me asking

Woody xx

Woody yes definitely keep in touch you never know we might have a appointment at the same time in the near future.....

I keep trying to reply but it's not showing...

Here goes again

I'm at north tees have my second ap today at 1:30 nervous and excited at the same time!
They told us that them James cook and Darlington all work together on decision making so I would guess they follow the same procedure.
Helen x

Hi all, I've just returned home from my surgery at north tees. The team there are amazing and I felt a bit sad to leave really as they look after you so well there.

Good luck with your appointment today. I had loads of questions when I went onto the liver reduction diet so if you have any problems I will try to help :)

Thanks dandelions! You sound like your doing great? I'm glad they looked after you! But of confidence there knowing that!
How long was your journey from referral to surgery?
Helen x

Hi Helen, yep I feel like I'm coping really well though a bit emotional today.

It took less than a year (think my first meeting was in February/March 13) but shouldnt have been as long. I wasnt able to meet the 14lb goal they set so delayed by a month. Truth be known I had some doubts so I subconsciously put a little block of 4lbs in the way and was naturally refused surgery till I had lost it. Mr Gopinath is very lovely and very strict lol. I felt like I'd let him down at the time.

How did your appointment go?

Hi Dandelions, I've got my liver reduction seminar on 11th Sept at North Tees what sort of things do you need to eat/ how much. Really don't know what to expect :)

Hi Kaz

The liver reduction diet wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s basically high protein (4 portions) and restricted everything else apart from most veggies which are free. It was monotonous and I did fall off the wagon a few times but had to just keep on reminding myself 'it's only for two weeks!'

This was my way; it did work because I asked the surgeon :)

morning - one piece wholemeal toast with a squished up banana on top for breakfast with a cuppa

lunch – salad, ham and hard boiled eggs at work in one of those mason jars (no carb)

dinner - usually some kind of protein with a pile of veggies or a chilli/spaghetti made from scratch and some fruit.

I expect there’s loads of advice on the website about this diet cus it was quite hard to figure out what you’re allowed and what you’re not. There’s so many versions online too. Think the best advice is to do absolutely everything they tell you and you will be fine.

Good luck xXx

Hi Helen yep I'm really happy with the way things have turned out tho I did have some reservations (on other post).

Think my first appointment was around March 13 so then I was given 3 months to lose 14lbs which I wasnt able to do. Went back and was given a month to lose the extra 4-5lbs which I did. The op was okayed at the end of June and started the liver reduction diet on the 16th August for 2 weeks.

Wasn't given a goal for that but the team said if I put any weight back on they would cancel the op on the day which scared the life out of me - nothing like a bit of motivation lol.

Hope this helps. I did reply earlier but it doesnt seem to have been approved.

How did your appointment go today?

Thanks, that's better than I expected was think it was just milk and yoghurt for two weeks lol :)

Yep I thought that too Kaz. Can't stand yogurt or anything milky so knew I was going to have problems with 2 weeks of it but found it was more about high protein than milky.

Guessing there are different versions of liver reduction and mine was one of the easier ones. When I googled it I found several with x3 carbs per day.

If I'd had to do the slimfast one I would certainly have failed cus it makes me vom' :rolleyes:.

I hope I can manage it as well as you. When you went to liver reduction diet seminar did you get weighed and stuff too or was it just sit and listen?

Back