• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

seminar northern general hospital 14-august 2013

Hi, just letting you all know i went to the Sheffield northern general hospital on the 14th august and it went ok enjoyed the talk on what operation to have, at the end of the seminar i decided to put my name down to see Mr. ackroyed next month hopefully, and set the ball rolling, what sort of questions will he ask ? or do i need to put questions down to ask him?
it’s been a long road to get this far i started trying to lose weight back in 2009 tried weight watchers dieting with weight wise tried loads of xzenical and the other tablets, tried going to gym but ended up with two useless knees.
one of the things I’m trying to get is a new me! eating to a diet following the rules and trying to get my life back.
my bmi is 44.3
obstructive sleep apnia
chronic prostatis and cystitis
degenetive arthritis
kliefelters syndrome
hypogonadism
reactive hypoglycaemia

take a 12 tablets a day can hardly breathe when walking, I’m 54' years old and feel 70' I’m hoping that whatever option i get bypass or sleeve it might cure me wanting operations on my knees, cure the sleep apnia and help me be a fitter guy and help me live longer, any advice help what to say or just support would be nice there were 11 other people there today at ndgh (sheffield) so i might have met you, but good luck with whatever operation you will have.

thanks to all my family for your support and my two twin boys who are 11' and my wife for her support and helping me what seems a long journey to get a operation,also thanks to the people on this wonderfull site.
mike (BIGBEEFYBUILDER)

hey mike, it sounds like you are taking the right steps to get your life back in gear so well done you!

I also have twins who are 5 and one of my main motivations is to get fitter for them. I don't care whether I end up 10 stone or 12 or whatever, but I want to run and swim and play with them!

Its fab you have the support around you from your family - and I was very touched that you thanked them so publicly.

let us know how you get on, big hugs xxxxx

hey mike, it sounds like you are taking the right steps to get your life back in gear so well done you!

I also have twins who are 5 and one of my main motivations is to get fitter for them. I don't care whether I end up 10 stone or 12 or whatever, but I want to run and swim and play with them!

Its fab you have the support around you from your family - and I was very touched that you thanked them so publicly.

let us know how you get on, big hugs xxxxx
Hi WitchInWorthing
ive been on these sites looking at whats best for me, its nice to be half way in the door if you get my drift, its felt like a never ending ride to get to this point, but i have this chance to change my life for the best i have sat my kids down and told them just what im trying to do and they have asked question.
will keep you all updated as soon as i hear anything i will ask questions.
thanks for the cyber hugs.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

Hi, just letting you all know i went to the Sheffield northern general hospital on the 14th august and it went ok enjoyed the talk on what operation to have, at the end of the seminar i decided to put my name down to see Mr. ackroyed next month hopefully, and set the ball rolling, what sort of questions will he ask ? or do i need to put questions down to ask him?
it’s been a long road to get this far i started trying to lose weight back in 2009 tried weight watchers dieting with weight wise tried loads of xzenical and the other tablets, tried going to gym but ended up with two useless knees.
one of the things I’m trying to get is a new me! eating to a diet following the rules and trying to get my life back.
my bmi is 44.3
obstructive sleep apnia
chronic prostatis and cystitis
degenetive arthritis
kliefelters syndrome
hypogonadism
reactive hypoglycaemia

take a 12 tablets a day can hardly breathe when walking, I’m 54' years old and feel 70' I’m hoping that whatever option i get bypass or sleeve it might cure me wanting operations on my knees, cure the sleep apnia and help me be a fitter guy and help me live longer, any advice help what to say or just support would be nice there were 11 other people there today at ndgh (sheffield) so i might have met you, but good luck with whatever operation you will have.

thanks to all my family for your support and my two twin boys who are 11' and my wife for her support and helping me what seems a long journey to get a operation,also thanks to the people on this wonderfull site.
mike (BIGBEEFYBUILDER)

If there is anything you want to ask man to man, then just give me a shout mate, I can only tell you from my own personal experiences though.

If there is anything you want to ask man to man, then just give me a shout mate, I can only tell you from my own personal experiences though.

hi,so what operation you had? its seems to be going very fast as sat i'd been out shopping and When we got back home found another letter to
See Mr ackroyed on the Wednesday 4th September,
That was a fast appointment.looking forward
To going but no idea on what to ask him.
Do I need to put dates in on the bottom of
Every page I write.
I'm well chuffed.
Regards bigbeefybuilder

hi,so what operation you had? its seems to be going very fast as sat i'd been out shopping and When we got back home found another letter to
See Mr ackroyed on the Wednesday 4th September,
That was a fast appointment.looking forward
To going but no idea on what to ask him.
Do I need to put dates in on the bottom of
Every page I write.
I'm well chuffed.
Regards bigbeefybuilder

hi all,
intresting day yestoday i went to see mr ackroyed at the nothern general hospital appointment time 2:40 got there got weighed took my height and bmi then went in a room to see i thought would be dr ackroyed it was a very attractive blonde dr.
went throgh what i have done to lose weight ie tablets diets told her i have 5 meals a day and i snack in between meals, and i comfort eat late at night when my chronic pain kicks in, asked me what i wanted told her the gastric bypass, didn't have to see a diet nurse.
was told if i don't lose enough weight up to operation day if they could not do a bypass they would do the sleeve.

so next stop is the appoint to see if im fit to have operation then date so im well chuffed, the dr who was in place of dr ackroyed said she would be putting me down for the operation and there was a waiting list of 4 months.

i would like to thank all your help out there on this site for your understanding and kind replies.

can any body tell me if i have put this thread in the right place if not can you put it where it should be please!

my wife could not be with me yestoday as my 11' year old son was having 4 of his wisdom teeth out,but im sure she will suport me on my next appointment.

one last thing how do i go about showing a progress report below my name in this wonder full site.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

another appointment another letter

hi all,
intresting day yestoday i went to see mr ackroyed at the nothern general hospital appointment time 2:40 got there got weighed took my height and bmi then went in a room to see i thought would be dr ackroyed it was a very attractive blonde dr.
went throgh what i have done to lose weight ie tablets diets told her i have 5 meals a day and i snack in between meals, and i comfort eat late at night when my chronic pain kicks in, asked me what i wanted told her the gastric bypass, didn't have to see a diet nurse.
was told if i don't lose enough weight up to operation day if they could not do a bypass they would do the sleeve.

so next stop is the appoint to see if im fit to have operation then date so im well chuffed, the dr who was in place of dr ackroyed said she would be putting me down for the operation and there was a waiting list of 4 months.

i would like to thank all your help out there on this site for your understanding and kind replies.

can any body tell me if i have put this thread in the right place if not can you put it where it should be please!

my wife could not be with me yestoday as my 11' year old son was having 4 of his wisdom teeth out,but im sure she will suport me on my next appointment.

one last thing how do i go about showing a progress report below my name in this wonder full site.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

hi, i have got my next appointment on friday 27th september 10;45 for the clinic;centralised pre-operative assessment clinic that was fast comming through the post, its happening really fast lol.

hi, i have got my next appointment on friday 27th september 10;45 for the clinic;centralised pre-operative assessment clinic that was fast comming through the post, its happening really fast lol.

been to pre;assesment went well hopefully hear from my next appointment whats going to happen next the nurse said the pre;operation tests i took lasts for 12 weeks, so im hopeing i get it done before xmass.

been to pre;assesment went well hopefully hear from my next appointment whats going to happen next the nurse said the pre;operation tests i took lasts for 12 weeks, so im hopeing i get it done before xmass.

Hi thanks for all the good luck wishes, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the Sheffield Thornbury Hospital on Wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol.
BBB

OPERATION DAY

Hi thanks for all the good luck wishes, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the Sheffield Thornbury Hospital on Wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol.
BBB

Back