• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sheffield: Pre-Op Surgery Seminar

ZimBritchick

My seminar was held at the Medical Centre between 10-12pm at Northern General Hospital. It was for 2 hours, I thought it would be full of people but we had around 10 people in the group. If you have been on Tier 3:Weight loss programme then you would know the seminar would basically involve everything that we would have gone through. Additional information would be what the surgery would entail, the hospital stay and the ultimate question whether we would like the surgery or not. My answer was yes and some other people said no. I am not one to judge so for whatever reason they said No is and was their choice to make.

So next step would be a letter from Dr Patel within the month giving me a date for the consultation. The consultations are every Wednesday and may or may not have a one to one consultation with a psychologist and dietician depending on my notes, Not sure whether other people have had this one to one.

Good news is that if everything goes to plan, surgery will be in the next 16 weeks. Which is good for me as I am going on a long haul flight into the new year and by then I hope to have a lost a few stone.. Fingers crossed....

PS: I have decided my weight loss journey is going to be fun! Am I kidding myself mmm maybe....

Hiya I had my seminar on Wednesday so it seems to be all systems go from now on in - I've decided my experience is gonna be fun too (even tho I seem to be gettin obsessed with this forum already lol)
What will be will be - me stressing about it won't change it
Hope you have a fabulous journey xxxxx

Hiya I had my seminar on Wednesday so it seems to be all systems go from now on in - I've decided my experience is gonna be fun too (even tho I seem to be gettin obsessed with this forum already lol)
What will be will be - me stressing about it won't change it
Hope you have a fabulous journey xxxxx

Thanks Sharnicles, we seem to be on the same level with this journey. How has your journey been like for you to get to this point.

Back