• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS old timers... where are you?

Sambucca

Its lovely how WLS changes our lives, or gives us our lives back so we can actually get out and about and live our lives instead of being stuck to the sofa as we are too tired to move.

So its natural that some old members will disappear as time goes on. Theres a few people that I often wonder about though and would love to know how they are doing. A few that spring to mind are swizzlestick, cuppacocoa, rybens, weightlosswannabee, phatgirl... Theres loads more.

If you are lurking, please pop in and say hello and tell us how you are doing. I would love to hear from you and Im sure many others would too.

Who do you miss that doesnt post much any more? Or are you in touch with any old members and able to tell us how they are?

I miss Topsy and her sprinkles of fairy dust :)

Also hopelesscase although she does appear occasionally and phatgirl, that's one lovely lady...

Yey good call Sam and Julie - come back gals and boys. How are you all doing? xxxx

im still here lol :)

i also miss Phatgirl, Charliegirl, Cowgirl, Fat-girl-slim08 & Mrs Cakeybun

As a 'newbie', it would be interesting to hear how you 'old-timers' are doing x

Ah yes Liz, I miss all those people too.

I have written to a lot of the banders when we were thin on the ground as well as when the banders area started but I think the majority have moved on sadly.
I would love to see Quetiapina, Coralie,Alice, Lovebug and many more back.
I think some are on Facebook but I can't stand that thing!
Perhaps facebookers could ask people to come back for us?

I can say that Phatgirl has no plans to return. I don't want to go in to the why's as that is for her to say, not me. She doesn't use her facebook anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yeah sorry I guys, I aint been on as much as I should. just been enjoying my new life. Always doing something now, normally Cycling. it's my new hobby and I love it. I go for miles. I also do the Gym about 4 x a week. also we have Horses so Im down the farm alot with the wife helping out etc. before you wouldnt have got me off the sofa or from behind the PC, Now i'm hardly ever in doors Love it!!!

How are you all doing?? xx :)

shelbell said:
I can say that Phatgirl has no plans to return. I don't want to go in to the why's as that is for her to say, not me. She doesn't use her facebook anymore either.

Thats a real shame as she has to be the most inspirational WLSer i know x

I was going to say Mazza, but lo and behold she's posted ;) !! Missus Maz please start posting more, we're missing you!!

Aw thanks Sarah

I do try to post as much as possible but not always on the banders threads so much, plus there are my moderating duties not to mention my full time job lol ;)

I want to add, I'm too young to be an old timer.

Am I an old timer? lol I'm still floating about on here occasionally. Doing ok but stalled again at 96kilos but I'm kind of ok with that as I have a lot of excess skin which I think will look a lot worse if I lost more weight. I'm much more mobile than I was, fitter than I was and sleeping much less (no longer napping in the afternoon). The pain I was getting in my hips and legs is still there but not as bad as it was last year. I can eat quite a lot more than I thought I would be able to and I have to be careful not to over eat by eating too quickly which is a habit I can't seem to shift. But on the whole my diet it much more healthier than pre bypass and I'm exercising so much more than I was.

Anyway, that's just a quick update from me. Hope everyone is well. xx

Back