• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sex

Gemmmmmmmmmma

I was hoping those of you that have already gone though wls could tell me if this is true, and happened to you?!

Someone just told me that during the psychologist appointment, they asked about your sex life.

Is this normal?

I can understand wanting to know background information, but this seems a bit personal don't you think?

I was hoping those of you that have already gone though wls could tell me if this is true, and happened to you?! Someone just told me that during the psychologist appointment, they asked about your sex life. Is this normal? I can understand wanting to know background information, but this seems a bit personal don't you think?

Mine did not ask me anything about that.

It's more your relationship with food, have you thought about the impact of losing weight (friendship dynamics, confidence etc) and are you mentally prepared for losing weight and how you need to eat. Have you thought about protein, what that looks like in reality (as portions are smaller) etc

That's all.

They may need to talk about any eating disorders etc. but nothing about sex life.

All around self image and food.

Good luck xxx

Last edited:
I thought it was a strange thing to ask about. Though my friend Jen swears her psychologist spent 20 minutes on the subject before she had her band fitted.

She is stunning though, so maybe he was trying to figure out if she was single... or just a bit pervy. Xxx

I didn't get asked anything to do with anything except food and weight issues, I'd find it very odd if I was asked about my sex life lol xxx

I highly doubt they would ask about your sex life.

If they do, ask what relevance it has to your weight and food relationship.

I would refuse to answer. xx

I was asked about my sex life during my first consultation with the bariatric nurse.
Not in great detail though, just things like does being overweight stop me from having sex, am i ashamed to let my husband see me naked, how does he feel about my body etc, nothing too delving just all about body image and the effect it has on me.

Back