• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shift workers?

rainbow27

Another question sorry!
I'm on my 4th of 8 night shift and I'm so sore right down my stomach more so the left hand side & at my back as well.. I'm hoping this is just a change in eating times that's caused this.. Maybe trapped wind? Does any other shift workers get this?? Xx

Sounds like trapped wind dont think it has anything to do with shifts,try warm drinks,massage and whirling your arms like a helicoptor!It will shift the more you move.Could also be what I had,as your body alters the skeleton shifts and realigns itself.I had this for a few weeks but it does ease and go.Gentle stretching and walking helped.Maz x

I have worked shifts for years and been on permanent nights for 3 years and I can honestly say that each week the first 2 night shifts I have trapped wind. I haven't had gastric surgery but have a gastric balloon in situ. I think nights certainly causes trapped wind without surgery so with it, it must be a nightmare.

OH my your telling me ive had it constant since night 2 i ate a yogurt and straight after and since then i have had this awful pain in my left hand side it moves a little but its been there since i am now night 5.. its not sore when im sitting still but when i move about its like a stitch :( and if i eat and drink its sore, sorry tmi i have a bowel movement today and that didnt help either.. i have just munched two windezee so fingers crossed.. i shall be sipping hot water all night as well xxxx

If it moves then I would be inclined to say wind. Have you tried mintec I was prescribed them in hospital and nothing works as good for me.

thanks will try anything its so sore.. im not sleeping well so thats not doing me any favours.. i just put my back massager on it but its not shifting its mainly in the same area x

morning yeah nothing has helped ive been guzzling peppermint water all night and still so sore! im gonna call my team later today x

Spoke to my surgeon last night & he thinks it's muscular but if it doesn't ease up I've to go see him next week!! Fingers crossed it disappears :) xx

Back