• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping for after the op

Emma7799

Got my sleeve op in 5 days - mixture of excited and nerves!
Off shopping today for my post op diet (husband can't be trusted in supermarkets lol)
So I have my diet sheet ....... Complan, slim fast, fruit smoothie, soup etc ......
Did you make your own soup or buy? I'm thinking it would be better to make so I know what's in it and then freeze it?
Also thinking about the hospital. I've read the threads that recommend the dry mouth spray (on my list). But question for ladies - did you take pyjamas or do they rub on your incisions?
Ok my mood is turning to panic aswel now!
I have my pre op assessment this afternoon so I'm sure they'll answer some questions.
Thanks for reading - I know I ramble!

Good luck with your Op
Im certain all will be well, but I know its a worrying time for us all the day of surgery
Let us know how you get on xxxx

Hi Emma, and good luck for your op. I had a bypass, so not sure if it will be similar for you, but pyjamas were comfy, nowhere near my incisions. Didn't need much at all in hospital - maybe some earplugs if in a busy ward!
As for soups, I was told the fresh ones, not tinned or packet. Covent garden, or supermarket own brands are all good, although I would advise not to stock up too much - you tend to go off things very quickly on liquid/mushy stages. I've not eaten soup since - don't think I ever will!:D

Hiya! Ive just had gastric band surgery and my pjs were fine too, no where near my incisions! I have a mixture of home made soups and bought soups so that i dont get fed up! I made the hairy bikers golden veg soup and a recipe for veg soup i found on a wls surgery website. Hope that helps, x x

Thanks ladies - really helpfull :0)
I've got complan as it was on offer in tescos. And will make a few soups I think, definitely look at interesting recipes - although never been a soup lover!
Had the pre op today and all ok :0)
Let the countdown begin!

Good luck for op:) I was fine with pj's and my five small scars are healing well have tons of soup in cupboards made a few home made kind some supermarkets have the pre chopped soup veg too iv had butternut squash a lot lol

Back