• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my pre op assesment and on the milk diet !

starry

Hi everyone

Had my pre op appoinment on friday all went well and fingers crossed the tests were all OK !

Started the milk diet today for 2 weeks - it's going to be tough but I am determined to do it.

Though how I feel about Milk in another week may well be another story - I am going to freeze some with sugar free crusha to try and make mini milks !!!

under 2 weeks now
Liz xx

Im on day 2 of the diet, so know just how u feel. My op is on the 14th, so ive only got 10 days of the diet.
Good luck and stay strong. Lots of chewing gum, and drink ur milk when ur hungry xxx

Hiya, glad the pre-op went ok. The best thing you can do on the pre-op diet is drink plenty of water, it helps with controlling hunger and keeps the headaches at bay.

I'm on the milk diet too. Beginning to think I will never drink milk again after this!!
Keep going - it will all be worth it in the end
Best wishes
JO XX

Hi there, the milk diet is possibly the worst part of WLS I think. I mixed milk with a bit of vanilla essence. It tasted like milkshake. I have to admit that on the last day I ate only yoghurts as could not face anymore milk. Good luck!

I'm also on the milk diet at the moment - day 3. Not feeling as bad as I thought I would but still 11 days to go.

Good luck Liz, hope you get on ok.

Jenni - thanks for the vanilla tip - I'm off to try it now!

Nikki x

Hi good luck with diet must admit I didn't find it too bad as I love milky coffee Its a case of finding what you like though not much good if you not like milk too much!!

HI all

this diet is tough but the vanilla tip is great bought some and tried it much better - just got to get through it

Has anyone had v v bad diarhoea though on this ???

I am a bit nervous my heads all over the place to be honest - very positive but getting the wobbles !!!!

Liz
x

I'm with you on the wobbles but not telling anyone in case they tell me lots of stories to put me off. I just keep thinking its a choice - my choice - and it will be great at xmas when we dont want to hid away at parties and cry before we go because we have nothing to wear and will be the fattest there etc. It helps me to keep my focus
Keep drinking the milk
Love JO XX

Just curious ?

Why the milk - 4 pints of semi has a fair amount of cals in it ??

Why cant you have low cal no carb/sugar ??

Just wondering what the milk does apart from fill you up a bit ?

Liz
x

There are low cal/carb pre-op diets, and soup ones, and slim-fast based ones etc, there are lots of different types. Each surgeon advocated a different one!

I think milk helps cleanse the liver...i might be wrong but thats my memory of it ....good luck with it

Back