• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

should i be able to eat this much?

daisylou

I'm 13 days post op and have just managed to eat about 50ml of lentil soup, 100ml if mashed potatoes and 75ml of sorbet. This is the most ive eaten in one sitting and although i don't feel full I feel i shouldn't be able to eat this amount. At breakfast i struggle to eat a yoghurt or drink half a slimfast. What do you all think?

Last edited:
I wouldn't have been able to but your swelling might be going down quicker. You'll feel proper restriction once you are on solid food and focussing on protein like chicken.

Daisylou are you on myfitnesspal - great way to track & look at the food diaries of other sleevers! I'm jrabbit81sleeved
Xxx

I'm not a sleever but it doesn't sound too much to me. For the bypass in the early days you don't tend to feel restriction straight away because these are sliding foods the slip down easily plus you can be numb whilst you heal. Maybe pace the foods out a bit until you know your limits more although I'm not sure of volumes for sleeves so I'm sure a experienced one will be along to give you advice soon but as it has been said when you are allowed solids you will feel restriction so much more :) x

I'm not a sleever but it doesn't sound too much to me. For the bypass in the early days you don't tend to feel restriction straight away because these are sliding foods the slip down easily plus you can be numb whilst you heal. Maybe pace the foods out a bit until you know your limits more although I'm not sure of volumes for sleeves so I'm sure a experienced one will be along to give you advice soon but as it has been said when you are allowed solids you will feel restriction so much more :) x

I couldn't eat lentil soup till 6 months in and then I struggled. It's really dense so I'm surprised you managed it! But go with how your body copes and obviously what your team has guided you with.

Anna x.

Was a reply to the original thread - sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back