• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ooopps i feel like a failure

cheekybum

I have been on the pre op diet for three weeks and lost 5 kilos, was really poorly with a virus so was only eating tiny amounts, i weighed myself this week to find i had only lost 1 lb i feel so deflated and my biggest problem is when i go in hospital next week i will be on my period and i can gain anything upto a stone so all my hard work will go out of the window and i hear mr mannur is very strict if you have not lost weight. I have tried so bloody hard aswell.

hi there,

dont lose faith,I had to do my pre-op diet for 4 weeks,and Id only lost a couple of pounds on my home scales.
when i got weighed at the hospital Id lost 1 and half stone,and It was the time of the month.
just carry on..u might be in for a surprise when u get weighed!
take care x

Thanks for that, all i can do is try my best, cant do anymore than that, the only naughty thing i have had is a jelly with a teaspoon of dream topping, so if that is a bad bad no no then i have sinned LOL

I gained weight when i went back to the hospital because i went on holiday back in April. My surgeon wasnt impressed and told me to go away and lose 1 stone in 4 weeks.

I in fact lost 18lb so he was pleased and put me on the waiting list.
I wished at the time i had cancelled my apointment so giving me time to lose the weight that id been told to lose.

I just thought well im having the op because i cant lose weight on my own and it will all be ok, but it wasnt.

Remember though that all areas are different and all scales weigh different too.

Sorry if i have made you worry more but i didnt have anyone at the time to put me straight.

You will be fine im sure xxxx

well i have one week left sugga so a huge push this week, and emma i have been weighing myself at tescos on their scales for the last six months, but again i have been really constipated to the point of walking my dogs for miles as it is supposed to help with the business

When i saw the consultant he did not say, i think it was because before i went to my first appointment i had lost over 10 kgs i was 150kgs and on their scales i had got to 138kg i am now hanging around 133kg to 134 kgs so not a huge drop since my consultant appointment but i walk miles every day we swim regularly changed portion sizes dont eat crap i am wondering if it has started to turn to muscle which weighs more than fat

Cheekybum, i had my op at the Homerton and had lost 4kg - they didn't say a word about it to me :) I'm sure it'll be ok

Thanks for all that !! I feel like a wobbly jelly with my emotions at the minute, stupid i know but i just want to get something right, i make everything as easy as possible

cheekybum, it says your op is due on 1st nov. if thats the case, then your on this diet to reduce the size of your liver, not to lose weight, so dont worry. as long as youve stuck to it, your liver will have shrunk suffiently for the surgery. as far as the constipation is concerned, actimel pro biotic drinks can help, and also, movicol is great, i sometimes have a problem cos im on a lot of meds that can cause cnstipation, and i have no probs at all now. hope it all goes well for you huni, big hugs xxxx

Sorry misread , didn't realise it was the pre-op diet

As Dawny says it's to shrink your liver - they're really not fussed if you don't lose weight on it, as long as you're following it to the letter please don't worry :)

Yeah as everyone says this is the pre-op diet they're no looking for weight loss. I didn't lose a great deal on my pre-op diet either. But as you say you have a week to go yet. Try not to worry, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I have been doing the milk diet for 3 weeks this wednesday - first week, loads came off, second week 2lbs and this week i would be surprised if any.

I feel kinda deflated too - i am scared that on wednesday i will have lost nothing , and even though i have met the 5% target already , it seems so hard to do this and not even get that small reward of a lb off..
~hugs hugs~

chin up hun, things will be ok...I am sure, and u will have lost as much as you need too

Well, i spoke to one of the dieticians today and she thinks it is because i had that bug, so my body went into starvation mode. She told me not to panic and cut carbs completely out if i can so chicken and veg for me over next 4 days, she also said the exercise i have been doing should help so i will go in on Monday and hope for the best.

Back