• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Silly billy Sharon *****s up

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
I am just a lickle ickle bit stressed out right now and have managed to balls up and accidentally done the following:

-- deleted my "Stepping Stones" blog (previously with the URL: http://sharonimoblogs.blogspot.co.uk -- go on click it, I dare ya, ha ha -- yeah it is dead !!!) :(

The one that I was carefully linking and posting bits of it into my Weekly Sleeve diary on here ..... oh well that's a good thing because I will be able to rescue some bits of it (but not quite all of it as some recent posts I didn't want to overload / bore everyone on WLS with, so I had posted them on the blog and not on here -- **MAD** at self -- fumes !!!!!)

=============================================

The reason I am a wee bit stressed out right now is because the "Devon Dream" has not worked out and has turned into "Devon Disaster" financial quagmire.

1. Bradleys estate agents stitched me up TWICE and thru their lying and false advertising have caused me to have eaten up all my redundancy money (and more). If I now attempted to extricate myself from a difficult and costly mistake (x 2 flats) and choose a really cheap Devon bedsit ....... I would not have enough money left to pay everything off that I now owe on my low Devon salary.

2. So the only solution is to return to London and get back to earning good London money (fingers crossed!) like over £2,000 pcm after tax ...... and THEN be able to sort out the financial mess from my Devon Disaster.

(I have been debating this for over a month by the way -- since mid August -- and after much head wrangling I could not see any other solution than returning to London.)

3. So on Sunday I will be driving myself 200 miles in a hire care from Exeter back to London (well Croydon) and staying with a friend for a few months until back on my feet financially.

GOOD THINGS: I have half a dozen *really* good London friends, at least 2 of whom offered me spare rooms (one in Essex and one in Croydon) .... this is something I don't yet have in Devon -- I realise it would take years to build up that kind of friendship -- it had taken me 15 years of living in London to build up the network of good buddies that I currently have.

BAD THINGS: estate agents who advertise properties that are NOT available to let any time this century. I believe this is one such advert (shoot me if I am wrong but my instincts now tell me this is the case):

1 bedroom flat to rent in Brunswick Street, Teignmouth, TQ14

Devon looks really cheap, right? If there are flats to let between £350 and £400 pcm .......?

It does NOT effing exist and if you ever try to view it, it will suddenly and mysteriously be "not available, oh the tenant hasn't quite moved out yet, would you like to view one of our other properties ...." and one of the other properties will be costing £550.

I *know* because I tried to view that flat when I was trying to extricate myself from the very expensive Dawlish flat that BRADLEYS had forced me into after advertising a "flat that is never available to rent" in Dawlish and having cornered me.

That £350 pcm flat has been advertised 3 separate times now between July and September 2012 and it has NOT been vacant all that time -- when I attempted to view it in August I was told the tenant had not moved out ..... blah blah ......

And my argument is not even with Dart & Partners directly -- my anger is directed towards Bradleys who stitched me up by having done the same (having advertised a very "cheap" looking self contained 1 bed flat in Dawlish which I *did* go to view and *did* pay a deposit on -- but was then notified a few days before I moved down from London was no longer available to rent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

So sorry to hear it hasnt worked out for you in Devon, the rents and wages are kinda mismatched in this part of the world i'm afraid! I really dont know how some people manage! For what its worth, i think you are doing the right thing by returning to London, to your network of friends, and to a greater earning potential with approx the same rent to pay!

I would have offered you a spare room if i had one!!

And how did you manage to delete your blog?? :silly::brainfart::booboo::argh::slap:

I'm so sorry to hear of your Devon disaster. I was all quite taken by the tales of your adventure down there.

At least you gave it a go, instead of wishing you had given it a go.

At least you gave it a go, instead of wishing you had given it a go.

That's what I thought. If I had taken the first next available job offered to me in London without ever trying this I might have *hated* staying in London, wistfully wishing my life away, wishing I was down at the beach in Devon.

At least this way I tried it, found out it didn't work but can now go back to London wanting a London city job much more than I did back in May / June earlier this year.

And how did you manage to delete your blog?? :silly::brainfart::booboo::argh::slap:

My "sharonimoblogs.blogspot" blog was created from my "alternative" email address, sharonimobosch (at) gmail (dot) com ...... which used to be my main NON work email addy until I left the London job.

You know I used to use my London job email for nearly everything Becky (don't you?) including friends and family and all sorts (cos we were allowed to get away with it at that firm and had access to our email accounts outside work).

WELL .....

When I left that job and left London I realised that "sharonimobosch" was not the most "professional" looking email address for job hunting and thus I set myself up with my NEW email account (sharonwalter.... at .......)

But I still kept the "sharonimobosch" thing active for a while and had all my "notifications" on an automatic forward (using POP mail forwarding) to the new account (previously I had subscribed to this site, Twitter, FB, and various other places with "sharonimobosch" as the set up account.)

2 days ago I decided to delete the "sharonimobosch" email account as I was fed up of email duplication and working out which ones were on forward etc ...... so I changed all my account settings on WLS, Twitter, FB, and other places to send my notifications to the new "sharonwalter" email account.

Then I went and pressed "Delete this account" on Gmail (sharonimobosch) without stopping to think for 2 seconds that that was the account which I had used to set up my Stepping Stones bloggy wotsit !!! :-0 :-0

Deleting the Gmail account deletes all google products associated with it (blogger is a google product).

Back