• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what if they say no!!

pmkmrm

hey everyone,
i know i am being soo silly but i have this fear going on at the moment. i am due to see Mr Slater at st richards on the 22nd. i have been on somesort of diet since i was 18 years old i am now 42, i am the classic yoyo dieter and i have tried zenical and reductil my bmi is 49/50 i am 5ft 2".
what if i get there and he says i have not dieted enough or stuck at it for long enough, i cant even stick to a diet for a day these days.
i keep saying to myself the pct wouldnt have sent me there or funded me if they didnt think i was eligable but i am worried i have come this far and they will say no,
i have M.E. and well controlled asthma but i am clear of diabettese and my b/p is high end of normal.
i know i'm being silly but wanted to share my fears with you guys.xx
love kate xx

Hi Kate I had the same fears prior to seeing the consultant at the obesity clinic but they were all unfounded and he agreed that surgery would be best for me after all the things I had tried. As you say I dont think the PCT would fund if you did not meet the criteria but its natural to worry. It will be fine you have funding and that is the biggest worry in my opinon..xx

you will be just fine Kate .... trust us ..

we have all been there in that place thinking but what if !!

i worried my self sick about it all and i had worried about nothing if you have funding then u have no issue as they would not have funded someone that does not pass for the needs of this op ..

you have nothing to worry about .. if ur bmi is 50 and ur 5ft3 ... then im same bmi and im 6ft2 with no medical problems but now been tested for this op i have sleep ap .. and heart issue .. but was already told by Dr that he was offering me the op before they knew of these issues ..

so if i have done it u will sail through and have it done xx

im under st richards and they dont see you unless funding in place it wasnt even a case of saying yes or no when i went just which op your having i was also very nervous but trust me they are so nice mr slater is lovely [very mr darcy!] i cant say for definate it will be same for you but everyone i know from clinic had same experience you get the real feeling from them how much they want to help you x

Hiya Kate.... I am feeling exactly the same, I have been offered funding through the PCT and awaiting for the Consultant to get in touch with me, I am going to Birmingham to see Mr Super. I too have tried zenical and reductil and although the reductil did work for me for a short amount of time and i lost 3 stone on it, it all of a sudden stopped helping me lose the weight so i came off it, i lost a stone on Zenical and for some unknown reason and i am still unsure now why it happend as i had no fat at all i leaked ( you know what i mean ) that put me off and i stopped using it. I have a BMI of 52 and i am 5'2 with no other medical problems apart from being overweight and the problems of being overweight give you, such as shortness of breath, lack of energy etc etc. Can you post and let us know how you got on. Good Luck X

Let's face it ~it not really in his best interest to turn away a potential customer.
My frist appointment was a very deflating affair. I was seen by a team member after a long wait, (had my husband and toddler with kind of anticpating momentous things!) He piled through a sheaf of questions, ticking boxes. Then Mr Hashami put in an appearance complete with entourage; shook my hand, twinkled charmingly and said that all looks fine ,go get funding. And that was it. All over. We'll write to you.
I think what I'm trying to say is ~calm down, it's only an appiontment.
It will all be fine and you've already got yr funding. You're way ahead of the game, you go girlfriend!!!

As others have said "don't worry" If the pct are willing to fund this op then your surgeon will do it.I was told at my first meeting that I would'nt have had the appointment in the first place if there was a chance I would'nt get my op. Good luck and you're going to be fine.
xx Gaynor xx

Back