• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SILS - The 'No Scar' Gastric Band

No sorry havent heard of it good luck with your search. x

Surely, because there is a 'single incision' there is still a scar, just less scarring than conventional laparascopic surgery. I think it is still at the trial stage. I remember reading about someone who had SILS but didn't know immediately, they had extra dressings with fake blood underneath! Did you consider using the forum search function?

I know traceyt84 had sils. I asked about it when I had my consult at Dolan park as they said they offered it - was advised that more risk of infection and although they go thru belly button they still need to make another incision to lift the liver x

Hello little fairy,
When I went for my consultation, I asked about this as I would have preferred less scarring but the surgeon I saw didn't do it. It was £1000 more with THG, and the surgeon I saw said it was more complicated than the usual procedure.
I was tempted, but as I have good healing skin, and didn't want to add any complications, I decided against it(plus I thought an extra £1000 was a cheek, even if we do want less scarring)!!
There are surgeons who perform this, its down to you, and I hope someone has had it on here to give you their view!
Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Lilypersian
xx

Seriously my scarring is negligible now with the normal procedure....I'd keep that extra 1k in your pocket

I've just got back off hol ....you can just see the port scar on my left side if you look closely but it's nothing that bothers me as its hardly anything...the other incisions are gone :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-2594670183.jpg
    image-2594670183.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,321
JO28172 said:
Seriously my scarring is negligible now with the normal procedure....I'd keep that extra 1k in your pocket

I've just got back off hol ....you can just see the port scar on my left side if you look closely but it's nothing that bothers me as its hardly anything...the other incisions are gone :)

Wow jo you look amazing in you bikini, you would never tell you used to be big....you've got a lovely flat tummy....can i ask how much you've lost? X

98lb in total....it's not that flat but any less and the skin starts to droop so happy with where I'm at....size 10/12 so can't moan when I was a good size 20 lol. Thanks Hun x

Ps think the guy in the right hand side of the pic is doing me a favour lol

I had five incisions, and like jo's you can hardly see them.

Ps think the guy in the right hand side of the pic is doing me a favour lol

ahahahahha! i was about to say, maybe he needs the op?! and you actually do look amazing, so inspirational!

xx

Back