• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sister does not agree??? how did your family respond

thanks ladys ..its nice to no that i am not alone with this ...my mum has spoken to her today and said she is coming round to the fact that whatever she says i need to have this op ..so lets hope it does not take her to long to get her head round this ...xxxxx

:p hi kaycee00, really sorry to hear about your sis, i must admit i have read through everyones threads and agree with them all. I too agree its usually a little ignorance and purely because she loves you.
My hubby was very against me having the op, very against it!! Told me i looked beautiful just the way i was - i didn't need to do something so drastic. But its not just down to looks, its my health. Now he comes to all my appointments and know more than me about WLS - he has changed his mind completely and is behind me 100% He now thinks it is completely the right thing to do. Funny really, when i think back he would even talk to me about it! :D All i am really trying to say is, some people need alittle time to get their head around it ~ it takes some people a little longer. Good luck and i hope you can win her around soon (i am sure you will:)) xxx

Hi Kay
My family are 150% on my side for the surgery . But I did not tell the in-laws or my out-laws now because I`m split up now but they are all skinny and wouldn`t understand . They see a fat happy person that laughs all the time but inside I`m far from happy living like this . My family knows the risks and they know all the illnesses I have and hopefully after the surgery I will have less of the illnesses . I`m doing this for only one person and that's me . Good luck and take care with your weight loss journey and please keep us posted hun .
MARGARET XX

my husband says hes aprehensive about it but if its wat i want he fully suports me ,my children say im mad and wat if something goes wrong. ive told them that i dont want to live like this anymore and im sick of failling at diets so its my only hope they now say they dont want me to have it but they understand and if im happy then they are .my grandson whos 9 says he dosent want me to lose weight as im nice and comfey wen he cuddels up.all the rest of my fammily amnd freinds are all with me and say good luck. maybee your sister loves you so much shes just frightend of anything going wrong i bet wen she sees how good youll look after shell be having it done herself

sorry to hear your sister is struggling with your desision. My family and friends were behind me 100% my sister even coms to the support groups with me and is now at the stage where she says she is going to lock her bedroom door when i visit so that her clothes are safe.
Im sure your sister is just anxious but maybe as she is big herself she is a little jelouse but hasnt got the courage you have to take the final step to make that life changing desision. Try involving her in all your appointments saying i know you dont agree with what im doing but i could sure do with sour support at the next appointment.
good luck
hc

Back