• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six months update !

Even though I don't contribute a lot to this forum, I thought I would share with you my six month update. I had my mini gastric bypass at the end of September 2013 and have not lost one pound short of six stones ! Have gone from a size 26 to a size 16/18. Am over the moon with the results and have not felt this well or energetic since my 20's !!

Attachments

• image-3087845299.jpg
    image-3087845299.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 422
Hi, do you mind me asking what a "mini" gastric bypass is in comparisson to a normal gastric bypass? I'm new to the weight loss journey so its all a bit new to me.
Ps: you look stunning in your photos x

Hi, do you mind me asking what a "mini" gastric bypass is in comparisson to a normal gastric bypass? I'm new to the weight loss journey so its all a bit new to me. Ps: you look stunning in your photos x

Thank you so much.

A mini gastric bypass involves only one bypass of the stomach rather than two with a RNY. Not many surgeons do it yet apparently but it's less risky with the same results. Hope this pic helps explain it better !

Attachments

• image-1738234239.jpg
    image-1738234239.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 189
Wow. Your loss has really inspired me, I'm having a mini gastric bypass on 23rd April in France, you don't really hear people talking about the mgb just the full bypass. I'm so pleased to hear your success with this surgery. Have you have complications since you have had surgery?

Wow. Your loss has really inspired me, I'm having a mini gastric bypass on 23rd April in France, you don't really hear people talking about the mgb just the full bypass. I'm so pleased to hear your success with this surgery. Have you have complications since you have had surgery?

You are right you don't hear many people talk about the MGB at all. The only complications I have had is dumping syndrome which is mostly due to me trying to eating the wrong things ha ha !! and hair loss - but after six months both are getting much better all the time.

Good luck with your MGB - I am sure you will never regret it - I certainly don't ! x x x :)

Thank you. I'm so excited but got a few funny nerves kicking in as time is getting closer. I just can't wait to start my journey.
Goodluck with your doing fantastic xxx

You look wonderful pink lady. Well done :)

Wow

Well done pink lady, its so inspiring to see your picture and you look fabulous, I am waiting for a date on a full bypass, I cant wait :):happy096:

Amazing you look fab xx

Wow, you look fantastic! Well done on your weight loss. That is so inspiring. M x

Back