• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Size issues :(

snack

Hi just thought I'd ask if anyone has problems excepting there new size , know this may sound strange but I still think like I'm a size 24 not a 16/14 when I look at other ppl it doesn't seem too register that I'm the same size as them I still see myself as I was before ?

I am finding this hard at the moment, even though I still have a long way to go, I am still in my largest size clothes, even though I've actually dropped 3/4 sizes. Yesterday when I was getting changed at the gym, I actually looked at myself in a full length mirror in the changing room. (Never do this!) And it was a bit of a shock to see not only the change in size, but how much a sack of spuds I looked in clothes that were hanging off me.

Although my body is changing and I feel physical benefits and differences, my mind hasn't caught up with those changes. So yes, I totally get this . . .how Im going to be if I get below a size 20 something I haven't been since I was 18 years old, I really don't know . . .

Lol top cat good to know I'm not losing my mind , was getting worried I was going bonkers as when I come on here I see every ones pics and say too my sis can't wait till I'm like her/him she now tells me I'm already like that or thinner but I just don't want it to become problem mentally as the last thing I want to do is take it to far , moan about being fat moan about being thin is the any helping me LMFAO , good luck and well done on the progress so far I do keep my beady eye on ya ;) xx

I just think that perhaps it takes our minds a little longer to catch up . . .while a weight loss maybe quick, I'm still back in my head in terms of how I seem myself pre-op, the time when I was at my biggest.

I put on a top today, 4 sizes less than what I've been wearing and it fits, but then my head kicks in "Im too fat to wear this" but it fits . . .it is a very strange thing, and I know it probably won't get any easier.

So no, you're not going bonkers and you're not alone with it thats for sure. Or if you are, I am too LOL

Have exactly the same problem. I keep buying clothes too big. Was size 30 at end of Feb now size 16. Have had to take things back to shops as they just look odd. Also having a waist - bought some belts?!? Even shoe size gone down & can now wear heels & boots but my head still needs some catching up. In saying that my boyfriend of 8 years is finding it hard too as it has happened so fast & he sees the outer me changed so much but it's still the inner me there inside.

I'm exactly the same, I pick up clothes and my daughter "says that's too big for you!" But I think it will be too small lol my head has got to catch up! Lol x

from me phone :D

Well my head never caught up with my ageing body (still feel 21) so there's no hope for me LOL

I just HAD to read this thread when I saw the title lol.

I think its perfectly normal for our heads to need to catch up with our bodies.

In my opinion there are more than two loonies on here ;)

I can't see my new and still shrinking size as everything is still in proportion, my head still thinks I'm a lot bigger.

Had a mega-cull of my wardrobe yesterday, amazing to be chucking out size 14 upwards knickers as am now in a 10 or 12. Haven't been that size since about age 7 LOL.

It doesn't feel like me yet. But is is just soooooo nice to be able to try on a top that is a size 10, yes actually be able to get it on, still can't get over it.

I love the good bits of my band, and it does work. The bad bits are what I can't live with..... But losing buckets of lard is just fab and without dr evil inside me I would still be 110kg.

I am a loon :p I am still happily clinging onto my lovely size 20 Bridget joneses ... Even though I am a size 12

I often go past the "yours shop" and look at the lovely clothes in there - even now when I buy a size 10 pair of bottoms I think they gonna be too small until I get them on - the other day my sis in law gave me a size 12 trousers to try on and they was too big - not sure why I bothered coz I knew that they wouldnt fit - Old habits die hard eh x x ( I still kept my size 26 shorts as a reminder of the size I used to be

A real 'make me smile' thread. gonna keep a large item of clothing to remind me - great idea.

I have problems with this..

I still feel big,but I can't be can I?
I'm 10/12 top 12/14 bottom,it's hard to adjust.

On Tuesday I decided this was enough. Last night I decided I need to lose another stone/ dress size. I'm a 12/14. That's not huge for a 5ft 10ins woman with big feet and broad shoulders ( and now silly skinny 6 inch wrists!).
Tomorrow I might 'decide' I'm too thin. Or too fat. I want to know when I'm just right and then stay there ! Truth is I'm still body dysmorphic and so am unlikely to ever really know what I look like.
My rational me is very happy to be so much fitter and healthier though :eek:)

Last edited:
This thread is close to my heart too. I'm 11lbs off my 10st target weight. BUT I still feel big! People are starting to tell me that I've lost enough and not to carry on but I still see a spare tyre round my waist, fat on my back, legs, arms! Lol! I'm so happy with the weight I've lost but am starting to wonder whether ill ever be happy with my actual body. Xx

Well done u , u look fantastic I always said once I got into the 12 stone mark I would ease off and lose the last bit of weight gradually , although I'm by no means thin everyone say ,even my family say I look great and too ease of a bit as I'm starting too look hollow faced , but I still see an 18 stone monster , even when I look at my jeans I can see there so much smaller but can't believe they fit me :( all though I'm so so happy I've lost weight never thought I'd have this problem xx

Back