• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

saggy skin...

hjm

hi - im new to this site. im having my band fitted on monday 17th august. im excited / nervous (and a little pi**ed off that ive let myself get to this). but mostly excited that this is actually going to be the start of something that will last (touch wood).

am nervous because this is a purely optional operation (although you could argue it will save my life - however i dont have any obesity related health problems currently - but am heading for it if i carry on the way i am)...anyway - i would be gutted if something went wrong and i had no one to blame but myself.

fingers crossed - touch wood though!

what i wanted to ask about was saggy excess skin.

im 28, 5'10'', 24 stones.

is excess skin and possible surgical removal of this a definite? does anyone have any stories? or any tricks to avoid it?

thanks! will keep you posted how i go!

Hx

I am afraid with that kind of weightloss, which is similar to my start weight, it is inevitable.

To what degree though is the question, they advise that you wait two years after reaching goal before contemplating corrective surgery. This gives your skin the very best chance it can but if it has not gone back after 6 months, it's a taken that it probably won't.

Some PCT's offer the surgery, but mostly it has to be funded privately.

Sorry to not be more positive, just honest and realistic.

Welcome to Mini's btw, its a great place for info...;):)

as caz said alot of pct dont fund plastics after weight loss you have age on your side so alot might shrink back depends on how long you have been overweight for im 37 and some of it has but alot mainly bingo wings and tummy havnt i had a c section so have a bad droppy apron bit which has shrunk but i can see the pucking wrinkles of skin appearing i dont mind it to much tho nothing th cant be hidden under cloths. go look at the befor and after pics section for an idea of what its like some of the guys have taken tops off for pics and i think it gives the best idea of the reality , but id still rather have saggy skin and feel this healthy. good luck for your op xx

Hi :) I am the same height and weight as you and around the same age (im 22) I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and didnt have any saggy skin problems but I think that was to do with gym, swimming and being fairly young.

hope this helps x

hi - im new to this site. im having my band fitted on monday 17th august. im excited / nervous (and a little pi**ed off that ive let myself get to this). but mostly excited that this is actually going to be the start of something that will last (touch wood).

am nervous because this is a purely optional operation (although you could argue it will save my life - however i dont have any obesity related health problems currently - but am heading for it if i carry on the way i am)...anyway - i would be gutted if something went wrong and i had no one to blame but myself.

fingers crossed - touch wood though!

what i wanted to ask about was saggy excess skin.

im 28, 5'10'', 24 stones.

is excess skin and possible surgical removal of this a definite? does anyone have any stories? or any tricks to avoid it?

thanks! will keep you posted how i go!

Hx

Good luck on Monday, will be thinking of you! Once you are back on your feet make sure you tell us all about it.

Wish it was me going in on Monday, I finally plucked up the courage to contact Shaw Somers last night by email and he got back to me saying he would have his co-ordinators get in touch with me.

Really nervous but excited too!

good luck for monday, hope that you dont have problems with saggy skin not everyone does x

i had very bad saggy skin, i had a tummy tuck 2 years ago on the nhs and im very lucky my area fund plastic surgery for wls nhs patients in my area, im now currently on the waiting list for the skin on my upper tummy to be done and they said i will have my appointement in 3-4 months, i have the classic bingo wings but the nhs said they dont fund that part here.

Hi H and:welcome2: to minis. I'm a bander and I'm expecting loads of baggy skin. It does'nt bother me though as the thought of being healthy and living longer matters to me more. Then again I'm older than you so I do understand where you're coming from. Good luck with your op on monday and be sure to come back and tell us all about itxx

Back