• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnea Test

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Hi,
Ive read on here many times that before your op you have a sleep apnea yest. It doesn't look like I'm having one. No one has said I am and I'm back at the hospital Thursday to get my surgery date?

Do you HAVE to have one?

Cheers

Hiya Lou, no, not every hospital does them, if you have it then the surgery normally cures it anyway :) xxx

Hi,
Ive read on here many times that before your op you have a sleep apnea yest. It doesn't look like I'm having one. No one has said I am and I'm back at the hospital Thursday to get my surgery date?

Do you HAVE to have one?

Cheers

Hiya Lou,
It depends on wether you have problems sleeping... i had one done but that was at charing cross hospital where i had the surgery and they have there own clinic there. xx

At my hospital not everyone has one I haven't had any test other than the pre op bloods / blood pressure as I have. I health problems. After the seminar at the nurses appointment I had to fill in a questionnaire and there were a lot of questions with regards to sleeping. All my answers were no so I didn't have to have one x

Thanks Girls,
I don't have a problem sleeping (apart from my 11 week old foster daughter) So I probably wont have one then! Sorted!

Cheers

Ah bless she is so young. Do you mind me asking is she with you over Xmas. I find Xmas just isn't the same as an adult I love having nephews lol still feels like Christmas. X

I was asked to have one bye my surgeon when I went for my Pre-assessment appointment , I think everywhere is different xx

Yes Amy shes here till the end of January.
She is the 7th relinquished baby we have had (From birth). She will go when they find adoptive parents for her.
We are really lucky cos most of the baby's adopters keep in touch and we are Even God parents to one. We had a party a few weeks ago for them and it was so fantastic to see them all together. They have fantastic families are are really happy.
We would adopt them all ourselves if we could, but we already have adopted 3 and are getting on a bit now lol. 2 are grown and our youngest is 13. Its hard to let them go, but its really rewarding.
When Emily goes I am going to have a break, to concentrate on myself for a bit after my surgery. I have had new born babies for 6 years continuously, so I think I need a lie in. lol
x

Ah Lou what a lovely selfless thing you are doing, the world really is a better place with people like yourself in it. I also think u need a lie in lol bless you. Take care and have a fab Xmas with your family past and present x

Ah Lou what a lovely selfless thing you are doing, the world really is a better place with people like yourself in it. I also think u need a lie in lol bless you. Take care and have a fab Xmas with your family past and present x

Aww thanks fort hat but the pleasure is all ours really.

Ive just noticed you are having your op on Friday. I wanted to wish you lots of luck and best wishes.

Are you excited, scared etc? How are you feeling?

I will be watching your progress as I will be shortly after you.

I was supposed to have mine before Christmas (which I really wanted) but they cant fit me in till after.

Hows your lier reduction diet going?

x

Hard and easy - hard as I'm worried so I want to eat and easy because I don't want food.

I'm not nervous about the op itself I've come to terms with it im worried about the op not happening. I'm so concerned my liver isn't small enough or they open me up and find something that prevents the op for happening. X

The thing is I thought I never had a problem sleeping because with sleep apnoea you don't realise that you wake up during the night. The tell tale is the snoring. I was complaining oif feeling tired all the time durng the day, that's whe my Gp suggeste the test. To my surprise I was positive for it and I now need to sleep wearing a mask that blows air down my nose. i know that if you are diagnoseg with sleep apnoea it is one more reason to justify your WL surgery and that's why they test you.

Back