• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do thet do sleep apnea test?

Miss Tickle

Hi, I'm under Walsall Manor, have funding and expect surgery in the Autumn (2011 lol). I've never had any test there-just been weighed.
I'm wondering if everyone has sleep apnea tests done and at what point. I snore quite often and really loudly sometimes so think I may be at risk. Do I just wait or ask my GP. I'm worried if I was to be diagnosed near the surgery date it would be delayed even longer.
(posted on the Walsall Massive thread and am posting here as well for luck)

I was never tested for sleep apnoea and I may be wrong but I dont think it is something that is routinely tested for at the manor. If you are concerned about it then speak to the GP as having surgery with undiagnosed apnoea could be dangerous.

im exactly sure what happens at wallsall luv as im under derby but have your gp or hospital asked you to fill a form in about how quickly you can fall to sleep in different situations at all - they test you on your answers then decide if you need sleep apneo testing from there - you can do the test online some where ill have a look for it no see if i can get you a thread - then youl know if you need to speak to your go about it!

thanks for the replies :)
I've done the test Keeley and I have a normal amount of sleepiness! I'm very relieved.
Thanks for the link

Back