• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea

beckers

Having just read someone's post about getting onto the waiting list, she was worried that she wouldn't because she might have sleep apnoea. Well I do have it and use a cpap machine so does that mean I will be refused the funding? I am under a healthcare authority who do follow NICE guidelines so u know I qualify but the ladies post has be rather worried now.

It took me longer I did not know I had sleep aponoea till i started the weight loss journey, took aGes for a sleep test then the results then a machine and the docs like you to use it efficiently for bout 6 months XX

I believe that as long as you are usingf the cpap you can go ahead with surgery, also it's classed as a co-morbidity so you are more likely to qualify!

Sleep Apnoea will help you to get funding, it's a co-morbidity and will be in your favour, I used to pray i had it! good luck :) xxx

Yep as said as long as you are on CPAP it will not delay your surgery, just make sure you take your machine when you go in for your surgery.

Then once you have had your surgery look forward to the day when you don't need it.

With me it was at about 4 months that I stopped using mine and the wife now reports that I don't snore any more which is a sign the your sleep Apnoea has resolved its self.

Paul

I'm sorry hun, i take it that was my post as i was worried, i already had funding hun, we have to get funding 1st before we see surgeon then we go throu the dietitian and the sleep apnea, if i did have sleep apnea then it would have prolonged my waiting list thats all, not the funding. im sorry i got u worried xx

Oh right! Lol I was just being paranoid then. Mine is arse about face, I've been seen for 2 years and only 4 weeks ago have they applied for funding for me. Apparently my pct is really slow at responding .

Back