• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scared they will say no

pmkmrm

:confused: hi everyone
i am currantly waiting to hear from st richards about my initial appointment!!!!
have been waiting since aug 08.
i have funding in place to go to the clinic not sure if that means they then apply for opperation funding????
anyways i am soooo scared i will get to clinic see consultant and be refused. i have all the nes requirement by nice to have wls im just want to have it so much as i have struggled with my weight for years and have tried everything!
i have bmi of 49 i have M.E. and asthma. and take medication for anxiety/depression also i may have sleep apnea i have an appointment on 31st march to go to sleep clinic.
do you think he could say no? or do i stand a good chance of getting it?
this waiting is really gettingto me everytime i email chicester i get told by the secretary not much longer to wait.
thanks for letting me waffle
love kate xx

Sorry Kate, i cant offer up much advice about PCT funding in your area as i paid for my op and went privately, though i've read that with a BMI of around 50 and having other attributing conditions you should currently meet the NICE guidlines for funding !

Good luck with your journey though !

As far as I am aware if funding has been approved then you meet the criteria with your PCT for the operation. I cannot see the surgeon saying no because to get funding is not easy and they will know that the op will improve your quality of life...I would say stop worrying its just a case of getting through the waiting list..but if you cant stop worrying call the hospital and speak to PALS and ask them to check what the procedure is for the surgeons there. They can clarify what happens for you...and then you can stop worrying..xx

hi Kate, If you already have funding in place then you should have no problems. It does take time to get through all the appointments but hang on in there. The waiting game has got to be the hardest,but once the ball gets rolling you will get to see the surgeon. The sleep apnea test is getting done which is good as you will have results to take to surgeon. Don't worry, if you have sleep apnea the surgeon won't say no as for most it helps with the decision. Why dont you ring the surgeons secretary and see if you can find any thing out.Tell her you have your sleep test booked for 31st so how long after are you going to be waiting to get your appointment. Ring her don't email her. If you actually speak to her then she knows you are chasing things up. Its harder to fob you off via email than in person. Good luck Kate
xx Gaynor xx

Gaynor just to let you know you can go back in and edit your post if you see something wrong in it. Just click onto the edit tab....xx

Back