• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Study

purrdreamz

Hi All
Hope you all had a great Christmas. I had a phone call this morning they have cancelled my consultant date in january due to them wanting me to have sleep studies done, has anyone else had this happen.
I don't have sleep apnea as i have already had the test before a couple of years ago, i have M,E and this makes me sleep alot, but they still want it done.
I am really disappointed i will have to wait even longer now for my op date. :cry:

Hi Wendy sorry u r disappointed but when it comes to such a major op the anaesthesiologists have to know for definite if u have the condition or not, although u had the test a few yrs ago that does not mean u dont have it now, the majority of people that have it dont even know they have the condition. Has ur funding been approved as alot of pct`s request this study b4 granting funding and if ur funding has not been approved then if u do have the condition then it could help with ur funding application.

This has not happened to me but have read a few times that this has happened to others. Hope u dont have to wait to long for ur sleep study, which hospital are u under maybe some others under the same hospital might be around and offer you some advice.
Take care xx

Hi sorry you have been let down and had to have your appt cancelled but it is best to know for certain whether you have sleep apneoa or not. I was diagnosed with it at the end of October and went into hospital at the beginning of December to be sorted with a cpap machine. I have been turned down for funding twice but hopefully this will sway the funding to a yes.

up north i got a book your own appointment letter where i could pick the soonest date possible and if you can travel you can pick where you want to have it i only waited a week for a appointment.
hope this helps drs can push app through and i phoned saying i was available for a cancelation app.
good luck with your journey
kerry

Thank you ladies for your comments, the wait is about 3 weeks for the sleep study in our local hospital which is in Colchester i know it will soon go but it was such a dissapointment when i got the phone call.
My funding has been approved and i did pass the weight loss appointment so at the moment i am on the refeed diet. The Luton & Dunstable hospital say that i will get another appointment for around the middle of February that seems so far away at the moment.
Hope you all have a great New years eve.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

hiya.. didnt want to read and run..

here's my 2'pennorth.. when I was undergoing the appointments for my WLS - I had to have a sleep study done as routine along with blood tests etc to check cholesterol/ blood sugars - having been diagnosed previously as pre-diabetic.. at one of the appointments I had with consultant surgeon Mr Balpuri - I was given a questionairre about my sleeping habits and the higher the score - the more likely I may have had O.S.A. - Obstructive Sleep Apnoea

my score was 15 out of possible 19/20

I then waited 4 weeks for an appointment for the sleep study and the result came back within days - it was yes I did have it and due to the severity - was told I had been lucky for me to still be here basically as it can cause weakness of the heart and bring on mini strokes if left too long undiagnosed.. it doesnt help me that there is history in the family of heart problems as well..

please be aware NOT EVERYONE SUFFERS KNOWINGLY.. and not everyone gets told that either.. I was unfortunate.. but after being given my CPAP machine - after the first time I used it.. I was amazed at the difference in myself. I had energy! I actually stayed awake for more than 2 - 3 hrs and didnt fall asleep on a short journey in the car either.. these are but a couple of signs that you MAY have sleep apnoea..

feel free to take a look online at a few health sites - I found the bupa site very helpful regarding info about sleep ap.

good luck on your journey

I had my consultant rearranged to a later date as not all of my appointments were completed. Whilst it was annoying at the time, once you're on the waiting list it'll be but a distant memory!!!! Won't be long now!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Mands for your explanation that puts it all in prospective for me, i hope i don't have to wait to long.
Thank you all you are all such lovely people and so supportive, i love reading all the threads about everyone's experiences it is such a great help.

Back