• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep test

MoonCake

I had my sleep test at Papworth over night and the results came back normal...

Happy that there's nothing wrong but kinda sad too as if I had apnoea they might have given me the funding.

Back to square one. It's been a battle for 3 years now... Still no funding :,(

MoonCake xXx

Hi sorry to hear your problems getting your surgery, how about now asking for a diabetes test, you might well be diabetic without even knowing it

Good luck with you journey.

Paul

awww honey, its so disheartening :( i dont know what else you can try, is there no way you can go private? bless your heart, i was in the same boat so totally understand, good luck xxx

Mooncake - I hope you don't mind me saying but on your profile picture you really don't look very big ?! Is your BMI too high to try weight loss without surgery?
Good Luck
x

Hi

Hospital SA tests are not always that reliable, as you don't sleep very well in a new bed do you.

I had 2 SA tests in Basildon Hospital when I was 24 stone and both came back negative, after a move to a different area I was again sent for a SA test, this time the new hospital used a test at home kit, so sleeping in my own bed. This time the SA test came back positive with 40 SA events every hour and at that time I was down to 21 stone as well.

If you had your test in hospital it might be worth asking for one to be done at home.

Paul

i have sleep apnea and sleep with the cpap machine i hate it i failed my first test and then while seeing the consultant i fell asleep while he was talking so did the blood test from the ear and then redid the sleep test and came back that i had it

I know it's festive...but I have a red nose still from using my CPAP - been off it 2 months now and thought it would go back to normal...but it hasn't! Does anyone else have this problem, it's looks like someone has drawn round the mask and then coloured it in with red and purple crayon - I look like one of those alcoholics with a big red nose!!
Merry Christmas too! xx

im using my mask, so have that mark but i end up having a mask shape on my face all day and night, people look at me as if i have 2 heads sometimes, have you asked the doctor as i was given creams to calm mine down

Back