• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rang the PCT today to see what happens next..

Andy1968

Hellooooo

Okay so today i had my normal 3 monthly check up with my GP. Before i went i rang the PCT lady ( again :wink: ) to ask wether my GP needs to do anything in respect of referring me...also i needed to find out exactly what happens next and this is what she's going to do..

She has already written to my Dietician for a report on my progress on weight loss ( just over a stone)and when i started to see her.Once she gets the report back,and the report from Professor Alcolado she is going to present it to the panel as a special case.She also said that any other information that will help my cause would be beneficial...So when i saw my GP he has given me a copy of the letters that have been sent,the biggest thing was obviously my Sleep Apnoea ...I have now got in my possession a letter from my initial consultancy with the sleep clinic stating things like my Epworth scale test ( which was 17 :crazy: ) how ill i looked and how lethargic i was during the day..It's a letter stating just how bad things were at the time of the meeting...He actually wanted me to stay in Hospital there and then,but i didn't have to because they had a CPAP and all the equipment at hand for me (Phew!)..I also have a letter from my lovely sleep nurse who looked after me again stating how bad things looked,and my eagerness to lose weight via Bariatric surgery...I shall now send these to the PCT to take to panel...The panel sit every Friday so i think that within a month -all being well- The decision will be made as to wether i get funded or not.

She said that someone got funded in June / July time,but every patient is different so i couldn't really make anything from that apart from the fact that SOMEONE has been successful in securing funding from my PCT which in a funny way,made me feel better.But she did say that looking at my case,she would be very suprised if i DIDN'T get funded

I know i can't take this as Gospel of course,but again i got a good vibe from it so i'm pleased.

It won't be long now Guys before i hear something..so i'm in for some squeaky bum time over the next few weeks

Just though i'd keep you all updated

Take Care

Andy xxx

woop! another step forward Andy, fingers crossed mate :) xxx

Ooo how exciting Andy , fingers x'd for you

Fingers crossed that you soon get the good newd from your PCT but, be prepared for appeals and more letter writing even with all your evidence - it took 3 appeals to my PCT ending up in front of the special exemptions committee even though I fit the criteria for funding. Took 6 months in all and now had award for last 18 months, now on waiting list and on a knife edge for a date!

Tatiana

I really hope this works out in your favour. You deserve this and need it. Really look forward to hearing good news from you at some point :)

Now look here if i keep my bits crossed much longer i will need surgery to extract myself :8855:
Hoping it goes through for you hun xxxxx

Back