• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help I can't cope much longer :(

OMG Kelly yes!! we are in EXACTLY the same boat!! phew that is brilliant if you know what I mean! it would be brilliant if we ended up having it done together wouldn't it!! we must keep it touch!! It will help the pair of us no end I'm sure & we can help each other along yeah??

OH MY DAYS!!! Look at all the weight Shell & Linda have lost!! in this world!!! it's unbelieveable! bloody brilliant !!! I really am gobsmacked ! well done both of you, you have done so well & I hope you are both soooo proud !!! what an inspiration if ever there were one crikey !!!!!!!!!!!

Mary rang back & said she just needs the sleep apnea results from my dr now & she will put them in my file & take it to Mr Pollard so that's something else over with, (it's like doing the grand national on a wet day!!)
If anyone else wants to add me as a friend on facebook please feel free but mention you are from here won't you so I know please
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?success=1&id=556500581#/profile.php?id=556500581&ref=name

I'm so glad I came back on yesterday, one of my darkest days had a ray of sunshine in the end didn't it!!
Love n hugs to you all
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad she got back to you Vicky (finally)..lol

Thats great news that your notes are finally going to be passed to the surgeon soon. x

Hi Vicky chick so glad your back bouncing again ((hug))...thanks for your kind comments about my weight loss it will soon be you hun....hang on in there...xx

Hi Vicky,

Great news she called, things will soon be moving now. Thanks for the FB compliment ;)

Aww Vicky, they're really stuffing you around. The same happened for me hun, i lost the plot and had to get to the point where i stopped thinking about the operation, became obsessed with it, so angry that people weren't doing their jobs, and i had to pretend like the whole thing was just a dream and was never going to happen. Then when i got my surgery date, i had to prepare myself all over again. It was 10 months from referral to surgery, and it was that long because of one person not doing their job properly. Which i ended up putting in a formal complaint about to the PCT.

I had my surgery back in October, and i've not seen Mary (the dietician) once yet. Neither has the girl who was in the bed next to me who had a bypass as well. Leeds may have 2 big hospitals, and a few private ones, and is one of the largest cities in the UK, and people go on about how wonderful and advanced Leeds is, yet people have no idea what they're doing. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and it's up to us as the patients to actually do the leg work.

Keep calling Mary, on a daily basis until they get fed up with you and call you back. Failing that, i have the email address for my surgeon, who you are more than likely going to be seeing anyway, so i can pass that on to you and you can contact him directly if you like.

I know it's hard hun, but keep your chin up, it WILL happen.

xxx

Thanks everyone!! :)
hi Wobbles hun, how is the weight loss going? let me know won't you??
its crazy isn't it!! I feel like I have lost almost a year of my life being pushed from pillar to post referred to wrong places & being spoken to as if I was a half wit until the penny drops with them & they realise I know what I am talking about (thanks to everyone who has helped & advised me on here) & then it's duhhh oh sorry you were right, if they listened to me properly in the first place without interrupting & trying to fob me off it wouldn't be so bad.. grrrrrr even PALS (Patient advice & liasion service) have been hopeless - I have asked them things & not heard back from them apart from saying they are looking into it so twice decided I couldn't wait any longer & rang here there & everywhere myself until I got answers & then it took pals 2 & 3 weeks to get back in contact & the info they gave me was all wrong both times!!! what a palava!!

Yes please!! regarding the surgeons email address (If I do email him I wont say you gave me it lol)
Do you think I will be having the op in the LGI? (nobody has ever mentioned it to me) haven't a clue what goes on now apart from mary asking for sleep results from dr & receiving them (gawd how long that will take is anyones guess, it seems it's difficut for them to post a letter or send a fax or whatever they do - If I could, I'd get the results myself & take them & put them in their hands personally!!) & then get them to the surgeon at this rate it will be next year!!

I was all emotionally ready for the op at the beginning of the year & have to go through all that again now ugh :(

Love n hugs to you all
Vicky
xxxxxx

Vicky, I asked Mary where the op would be done (eventually/If ever!) and she told me they're done at St. James by Mr Pollard himself. x

right kel thanks!! that's something else worth knowing gawd we have to ask everything (& I mean everything) don't we ?
when did you find out you had got funding?
I don't know how to get my email addy to you
love Vicky
xxxxxx

Vicky send it in a private message...Kelly should get it then...or type it into your post and it will become coded and kelly can reveal it...I am glad you had a kindred spirit and that you can help each other...xx

Vicky, yeah as i thought you'll be in Jimmy's with Mr Pollard. I'll find his email addy in my inbox and send it to you via email hun. He's great.

I've lost 6 stone, but it seems to have hit a brick wall and isn't going down anywhere near as fast. My hair is coming out in clumps, but i can't complain too much. I'll email you more.

Ohh Vicky, the waiting is the worse. I hope you hear some good news soon chucks, chin up girl. x

i think so ....... i have been talking with someone who is with same hospital as me and its took them a year .. put me on a right downer i hope i dont have all the same issues ... i do have my funding however .. and they never had theres and was a big issue ..

i just hate waiting .. monday can not come quick enough so i can see this surgeon .. and 2 hrs with a group of doctors to run tests on me to see what causes fat people to be fat .. all i can say is the surgeon best say what i wana here or the group of doc will have a serious fat depressed person on there hands that morning lol ... hows u doing vick '? xx

what!! bloody Nora Brett it best not be a year for you chuck!! I bet they had to get funding though like you say in that year & that sometimes takes AGES so lets hope like you say that was a big issue they had that you haven't.
Have you got your head all ready for Monday & have you written some questions down etc to ask him? if you need any help just shout ok!!
wobbles, SIX stone?? !! oh my days!! that is wonderful!! I've heard it happens a lot that people stop losing for a bit & then start again so try not to worry hun ... SIX STONE !! I can't believe it!! its ace lol !! do you have to take more vitamins or something to help with the hair loss?
love n hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yea my other half knows everything he wants to say lol ... i dont have any questions all i wana know is when .. i know all there is to know when i went to the support session they told me i shouldnt of bothered as there was nothing for me to learn .. i knew more than anyone that had ever been there before ...

so i know all i need to know i just want a date ... saying that when she was all passed she only waited 8 weeks for surgery .. so thats one thing .. im on the last leg of this just need a test or 2 then should be put on waiting list ... fingers crossed

Hey Vicky, I had a second appt to see a dietician in January. She called me about 2 weeks later to say that the surgeons agreed that i needed surgery. when I asked her if that meant funding had been approved, she said that by my dr reffering me that they (the hospital) assume that my dr are willing to fund the op?? so not sure what all that is about? Anyway, I just found out about an hour ago that ive got an appointment to see the surgeon this monday!! x

Back