• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeping positions before and after op???

I'm having a hard time too one week post rny. My left side seems to be the most comfortable for now.
Good luck!

Charlotte

I was also having a tough time sleeping, I tried to get rid of gas on my tummy then switch to a side almost like recovery position, last 2 days I've slept almost sitting up xxx

Last edited:
I also normally sleep on my stomach and the first few days post op i found it hard to sleep but managed a few hours on my side.

I had my op on monday and last nite i managed to sleep on my stomach so slept better, i tucked the quilt under my stomach and brought my knee up so my largest wound was not rubbing and as i dont tend to move during sleep it was fine.

My stitches are nearly healed though so wouldnt recommend it in the first few days.

pfft i could sleep standing up on one foot lol

i dont think ill have any problems sleeping lol

oh good question

I am 13 days post op and still find sleeping in the reclining postion the best, mind you I felt fairly comfortably sleeping on my left side last night

I was back to sleeping in my normal position (stomach and left side) about 5 days post op (Sleeve).... but from talking to people I think I am abnormal lol x x

the first few days after getting home i could only sleep propped up virtually sitting, then after about 12 days i managed to sleep on my side... then after about 16 days i was back on my front again... thats how ive always slept xx

I had to sleep sitting up for first 48 hrs hospital policy. Then once home slept laying down on a few pillows and a corner pillow first night, then on side ever since. X

the first few days after getting home i could only sleep propped up virtually sitting, then after about 12 days i managed to sleep on my side... then after about 16 days i was back on my front again... thats how ive always slept xx

Yes, this was about the same as me :( I was so pleased when I got back to normal "tummy time" lol :)

Yes, this was about the same as me :( I was so pleased when I got back to normal "tummy time" lol :)

Good question, I did wonder how soon I would be able to sleep on my tummy or have 'tummy time' lol (love that saying)

I had to sleep on my back after op as it was too uncomfy to sleep on side.Normally I could never sleep on my back before my op. Firstly the flab around my neck and chest would roll towards my neck and make it hard to breathe. Secondly, my back would lock up and i couldnt stand etc..

Now, i can/could sleep on my back :). My fav position is still in my front with my leg cocked up lol xx

Im 7 weeks post op ... And I use to sleep on my front .. Now I sleep with a pillow under my leg so I don't roll over on it ... As I'm still sore coz I had a infection in my port scar ... It's finally starting to heal now ... So I'm hoping to be back on my belly soon xx

So wanting to lie on my tummy and have a good nights kip but don't think that's gonna happen until next week maybe. I am 5 days post op and having to sleep on my back propped with pillows and getting a couple of hours on my side.
Lynn x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

mamma mia said:
So wanting to lie on my tummy and have a good nights kip but don't think that's gonna happen until next week maybe. I am 5 days post op and having to sleep on my back propped with pillows and getting a couple of hours on my side.
Lynn x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I know that feeling hun! It will pass. I promise u will be able to sleep on your side soon! Try easing over gently and prop your belly up with pillows (so the weight of the belly doesnt pull it to the side and hurt more) xx

Back