• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused and panicking.

Thanks so much for the lovely comment about my age Nic. I have to admit at present I feel much older than that. My blood pressure is still a little high, but on the downward slide. I still have the ear and throat infection but these are clearing up along with other problems.

I think you're right about the supporters. Mind you in Malcolm's case he never admits to needing support, but he does need loads. He came with me to the meeting today and I think that helped him to see why this op would be good for me. His only worry is that my coping mechanism of comfort eating, when under stress, will be taken away and wonders what I will replace it with. I have been putting some of the coping skills I learnt in counselling to good use. Thanks for your support.

Rebirth

Hi Rebirth,
I am having my band done with a fairly low bmi as i yo yo up and down for last .. years.
They have taken all this into account as i can lose a certain amount of weight then it goes up again due to over eating.
They say i am an ideal candidate asthe band will be an excellent tool to restrict physically and alert me when i am full.
i have great difficulty recognizing that at times.
i hope you enjoy your holiday. I am away for 1 wks to Scotland with my mother and co ( take her away for a wk every year).Mia file://\\h

Glad your group meeting went well and that you may get yourop before Xmas that will be wonderful

M

I feel as if I am in a dream at present. I've now got to fill in some forms and send them back to Kath prior to my consultation with her and the dietitian.

Alex from the PCT responded to my call and reassured me that I definitely was funded for the bypass, as long as Spire think I meet the NICE guidelines and am fit enough for the op. I will be having a long talk with my closest friend tomorrow and I need to have a talk with my sister. I now wish I wasn't going away as I would have had my follow up visit by the end of August. Well, as mom used to say, all these things happen for a reason and in God's time. Thanks for all the support.

Rebirth

Maybe a holiday will be just what you need, some thinking time??

You should really enjoy it, it will be the last holiday you can pig out on!! (hope it's ok to say that!!)

Also, LOL can sometimes mean Lots of Love.

Rx

Hi Rebirth

Great news about your meeting on Monday, I am so pleased for you. I am sure you will have your op before Xmas, no problems!

Thanks

Maybe a holiday will be just what you need, some thinking time??

You should really enjoy it, it will be the last holiday you can pig out on!! (hope it's ok to say that!!)

Also, LOL can sometimes mean Lots of Love.

Thanks so much R. I think you are right, I do really need this holiday an some thinking time. It will be good to not have to watch what I am eating, (a first I think). I don't know how much thinking time I'll have as we're taking dad and have 2 young children. At least watching them enjoy themselves will take my mind off things. I also have to decide whether to tell dad prior to, or after the op?

Thanks for the decoding, I find all the abbreviations quite confusing. I think I might phone Kath prior to my hols to get an appointment in place for when I get back.

Rebirth

Thanks

Hi Rebirth

Great news about your meeting on Monday, I am so pleased for you. I am sure you will have your op before Xmas, no problems!

Thanks AJ, How are things going for you? I am planning to e-mail you if that is still alright? I'll let you know how I get on.

Rebirth

Back