• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve in Czech

Good luck! Hope it goes ok.

I'm back and not had it done !
Absolutely gutted.
I had all the pre ops included that camera and they found:
An ulcer - I've no pain what so ever
Stomach infection - possible brought on with the ulcer
Thyroid- my thyrotopin is high, the range should be 0.40 - .3.60 mine 13.20!!! I had no idea.
So I went all the way to Brno to be told no.
I know it could have been a lot worse and I'm grateful they are professional and not took the chance, guess it's reassuring for others considering going to SurGal that they are not cowboys.
I can't fault the staff or the clinic, spotless and attentive. But it's been a world wind of a journey and I now feel deflated.

I'm going to my GP today to discuss what they found, ask for the prescribe slimming injection and to go on the waiting list for NSH WLS.

Thanks for all your support, much appreciated xx

I'm back and not had it done !
Absolutely gutted.
I had all the pre ops included that camera and they found:
An ulcer - I've no pain what so ever
Stomach infection - possible brought on with the ulcer
Thyroid- my thyrotopin is high, the range should be 0.40 - .3.60 mine 13.20!!! I had no idea.
So I went all the way to Brno to be told no.
I know it could have been a lot worse and I'm grateful they are professional and not took the chance, guess it's reassuring for others considering going to SurGal that they are not cowboys.
I can't fault the staff or the clinic, spotless and attentive. But it's been a world wind of a journey and I now feel deflated.

I'm going to my GP today to discuss what they found, ask for the prescribe slimming injection and to go on the waiting list for NSH WLS.

Thanks for all your support, much appreciated xx
So sorry but much better to be safe xx

Oh wow @Princess Rosie, so sorry but like you say you can now approach your GP armed with the facts.

It would seem that you have an underactive thyroid, which as your probably aware can contribute to weight gain. So before you jump in and request a slimming injection, they need to do some more blood tests I would think.

Let us know how you get on x

@Mazza you're right, more blood and stool tests that i sorted today!!
I asked about WLS with the NHS and he said we could discuss it again once my thyroid is balanced and he was happy with it which wouldn't be for another 3 months :(
On request he has referred me to an exercise plan, someone will contact me soon. He has also gave me Orlistat (Xenical) 120mg x 3 per day. They're not magic but will help so long as i don't cheat. Ive been reading some reviews and it seems that if you cheat it can be quite embarrassing with 'accidents' - so i think i'll be too scared to cheat, which i would have been after surgery. They might work in the short term for me.
My GP thinks my thyroid is a contributing factor to the rapid weight gain in the last 12 months, i think its more to do with quitting smoking and Walkers Crisps!!

When i flew back last night i promised myself that i wouldn't go back to eating crisps and pizza, right now i REALLY HATE THEM FOODS (i know it was me who put them in my gob)

On a positive note ive lost 5lb since i weighed myself on here.

Although im now sat looking at prices to go back to Czech next year with New Leaf instead of Beautiful Beings, im going to sit tight and work hard till after xmas to see where i get and if the NSH waiting time isnt that long then maybe.....?!

I called in a department store today and looked around the clothes. I got so upset. The last time i walked round the clothes bit i thought to myself that the next time i go shopping i'll be smaller and not need to look in the Curve section. Gutted.

Thank you for reading my unsuccessful journey and sharing your advice and support.

Love and best wishes
x

Sorry to read this but at least the checks were done and your health is more important.

I would have thought the NHS timeframe would be at least 12 months with you having to meet certain targets along the way. Your other post says that surgery in the U.K. is out of your price range but could you start the NHS route and whilst doing that look at saving the difference in cost so you could have the surgery in the uk? That way you have the NHS to fall back on but might be able to speed the process up by going private?

Hope they sort your thyroid and ulcer out as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Back