• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve Op - How Do I convince Hubby???

Men can be such pains in the preverbial, they just dont understand what we go through, i've had the well eat less, don't eat this, don't eat that, etc etc etc. I didn't exactly discuss it with my hubby, just told him I was going to talk to the doctor about it. I don't think he believed that i'd get the funding, but with other health issues put into the melting pot, i did. I have MS which has limited my mobility and with my ever increasing bulk it wasn't getting any better.

Eventually i had a gastric balloon fitted and started losing weight, and gained a bit more mobility much to his amazement.....that's out now and my bypass is next week but hubby has said several times 'you dont have to have the op'. What's he frightened of....the possibility i could die on the table.....the new me....after all he's never known me slim. I dont know but probably a combination.

At the end of the day it's your body, your life and if you want to make the quality of your life better go for it. And as mentioned just think of the extra energy you'll have to do things with the children (and maybe with more energy, he would benefit...nudge nudge wink wink!!) .

Good luck and i hope you get everything sorted
Shirl xx

Hello,

I had to take 6 months of education classes before I was approved for the surgery. I told my husband that I was just taking the classes to learn more because I didn't know if it was right for me.
I would leave the information lying around (by accident actually) and I found out later that he started reading it and doing his own research in the web.
Learning about it himself really helped him get on board.
If you have access to local support groups go, and take him with you.
Good luck!

Back