• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve with Spire Worcester anyone?

Mrs Noodles

Hi all

Well here I am 14 months on from trying to lose weigh without surgery and I'm the same weight as I was back then, maybe a few pounds heavier!

I'm still researching the sleeve and wondered if anyone has had the op with Mr Martin Wadley at Spire Worcester?

If so, I would like to know your experiences etc.

My BMI is currently about 38 but I have high cholestrol levels and back problems.

Hi Mrs Noodles,
I haven't used that provider but wanted to say how happy I am with my sleeve. I had a band initially and lost well but then my port flipped, had that corrected, then my band broke. I had a band to sleeve revision and find it so much nicer to cope with day to day (no variation in restriction throughout the day like with a band) and I feel full after 60 to 100grams!! Plus, I never feel hungry! Good luck and hopefully someone will be along to comment on that surgeon/provider!

Hi
Thanks very much for the reply. I have to say that it what puts me off having a band. Can I ask who did you use for your sleeve?
Thanks Lisa

Hi Mrs noodles,
I went to the Czech republic because everyone here wanted £11000 to revise from band to sleeve and I just don't have that!

I looked into surgery in Prague over a year ago with Dr Cierney I think but a little concerned about the aftercare if something went wrong?

I personally think with a sleeve it's safe as there is no need for aftercare as such, I researched my surgeon to the nth degree, asking zillions of question (like if I need a blood transfusion, who is allowed to donate, how is the blood tested, tracked and traced etc!). If I was unfortunate enough to suffer a late leak (extremely unlikely), the NHS would have to sort me out, they are obligated to give emergency care which would resolve the leak. I'm an nhs nurse of over 20 years and the care I received in a State run hospital was far superior to the care I got in my own NHS hospital when my band got too tight and I couldn't swallow my own saliva and my uk provider couldn't help for 3 days!!

surgery abroad

You're quite right, just googled cosmetic bliss who have gone bust! Looks like I had a lucky escape there but very sorry for others who may have lost money.

I'm very undecided between a wrap and a sleeve. I feel the sleeve would be more long term and give me the best results. I've got a consulation booked for the 3rd Jan so will see what the consultant advises them.

That sounds sensible. How much do you want to lose? I know (through facebook) loads of people who have done very well with a wrap, though a couple who used secret surgery and didn't have a wrap when they went for revision!!

Hi

I have about 6 stone to lose altogether. Do you mean they went to secret surgery who didn't do the op?

Not sure if the op was done and it unwrapped or what really but when they had barium swallow pre op the stomach was normal! Yes, they went with secret surgery.
Lots of girls with wraps have managed to lose 6 stones, so I would imagine it's totally achievable!

Back