• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve S L O W Weight loss

Watty

Just wondering if anyone can give me advise?
I was sleeved on 18th May and have lost 8lbs and I have followed fluid, puree and soft diet.
I am self funded and to be honest I am gutted! Pre op I lost 18lbs on milk and yogurt diet.

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or please advise? I am desperate :(

Hi Watty! I've just looked back at my stats and in the first 4 weeks after surgery I also only lost 9 lbs after losing 16 lbs on the pre-op. I have now lost 51/2 stone in total and had my sleeve 71/2 months ago. Hang on in there! Your body is still healing and a stall around 3-4 weeks is very normal. Keep measuring if the scales aren't moving as you often lose inches when you aren't losing pounds xx

Pippa,
Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it and find it encouraging. I am nearly in tears everyday and to be honest it is starting to depress me :(
I suppose I was so excited at the new me and reading all the posts on here, the weight loss seems so dramatic, even in days after the op!
I am getting desperate, for example today I have had a mashed banana, 2 scrambled eggs and 2 milky coffees (Skimmed milk).
I know we are all different, but take encouragement from your reply and I am hoping I am going to be similar to you :)

I think everyone losses differently.

I lost really quickly, but after 6 months stalled and the last 6 months I've only lost 19lb now. Someone I met at my clinic only lost 2/3 stone in 6 months (I lost 8 stone in comparison), but these last 6 months shes lost 6 stone... So we have evened out.

You have just had major surgery. Your body is still recovering. You'll soon see the weight drop xx

I agree with all the above. Also my nurse suggested to check the measurements. She said when you think you are not looking weight, your measurements will continue shrinking. Just focus on healing well as others said. It is great news that you had no complications, healing well.
Enjoy the journey.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I think logic has gone out of the window and terrified in case I have wasted all that money. I suppose a life time weight off, weight on and more weight on still, well that, together with every diet going, etc etc. I was once conned out of £500 by a so called hypnotherapist and I was scared if this was going to be another expensive failure!
You have all done wonderfully well and hope you are enjoying your new life! x

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I think logic has gone out of the window and terrified in case I have wasted all that money. I suppose a life time weight off, weight on and more weight on still, well that, together with every diet going, etc etc. I was once conned out of £500 by a so called hypnotherapist and I was scared if this was going to be another expensive failure!
You have all done wonderfully well and hope you are enjoying your new life! x

If you work with this surgery, it will certainly not fail you. xxx

I hVe. Bypass but all WLS will be successful if you just keep to the rules ..

Like Helen I have experienced many stalls of losing nothing .. One stall lasted 2 months and I was never eating more than I should..

We all lose our weight at different rates and you will be no different hun...

Your only a few weeks out and doing brilliantly to be losing and healing ..

Well done for getting on the losers bench and I bet in a years time you will look back on this post and giggle in you very slim new body x x x

Back