• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no weight loss

jmumof4

hey guys i have lost no weight for 3 weeks, i feel so down, i have stayed 16st 3lb for 3 weeks, i eat hardly anything, i excercise i walk the dog 3 times a day, i have low calorie food and make sure i eat sensibly and the right stuff according to the diet advise, is my body going through a stalling stage, its getting me down i am even feeling guilty about eating, what do i do, i am so down about this whole thing, i was 24stone 5lb, i know i have lost 8 stone 2lb since i had the surgery it has been 7 months now, how can i make my body start losing again, does anyone have any suggestions please im at the end of my tether xxx

ps my tickers wrong, i cant remember my password, so i will be doing another one, i have lost considerably more than i did the last time i was on here lol xxx

Maybe you are not eating/drinking enough ... You need a certain amount of calories, protein & water or your body will hang on to what it has. Or you may just be in a stall :( hope you restart again soon & well done on your loss so far xx :)

Dont panic ive stalled a few times over the last 6 months im the same as you some days i cant eat at all but i know i need to you do too you will start losing again

Stop weighing yourself. Leave it for a couple of weeks. You might be putting a little too much pressure on yourself and thats a sure way of not losing weight. Make sure you arent starving yourself coz you wont lose any weight your body will use your energy that you have stored up. Good luck xx

I went through a stage of not losing, or only losing a pound or so over a few weeks and spoke to the dietician about it. She checked my diet and said I was not eating anywhere near enough and that was causing the problem.

I upped my protein and made sure to drink more and have lost 2lbs this week and 2lbs last week. I am seven months post op tomorrow.

As suggested, maybe take the pressure off by not weighing yourself for a few weeks and note down what you are eating to check you are getting enough of everything you need. I had a bypass, so not sure whether you need to eat extra protein or not, but either way, it's worth writing it down and checking you are eating/drinking enough.

hey guys i have lost no weight for 3 weeks, i feel so down, i have stayed 16st 3lb for 3 weeks, i eat hardly anything, i excercise i walk the dog 3 times a day, i have low calorie food and make sure i eat sensibly and the right stuff according to the diet advise, is my body going through a stalling stage, its getting me down i am even feeling guilty about eating, what do i do, i am so down about this whole thing, i was 24stone 5lb, i know i have lost 8 stone 2lb since i had the surgery it has been 7 months now, how can i make my body start losing again, does anyone have any suggestions please im at the end of my tether xxx

ps my tickers wrong, i cant remember my password, so i will be doing another one, i have lost considerably more than i did the last time i was on here lol xxx

Hi

I think at your stage it is probably normal for weight loss to start to slow down?
I had my surgery just over 6 months ago (sleeve 21/05/2011). I've very recently had a couple of weeks where I've stayed the same, last week I lost 5lbs! :) and this week I've stayed the same again. At this stage I would probably expect my weight loss to start slowing down a little? So far I've lost 6st 7lbs so I'm really pleased with my progress :)
Congratulations on your weight loss too xx

thanks guys perhaps im not eating enough, today i had 2 chicken breasts with veg and 6 fish fingers and some pate on toast and loads of water, i dont know i think i am pressuring myself a little, plus i have been in a new relationship for nearly 3 months, and the first 2 months i lost loads but since i have become comfortable in the relationship i havent been watching s much or caring about how much i lose, but its just now i notice as i weigh myself every tuesday that nothing has come off for 3 weeks, will weigh myself tomorrow then leave it for 2 weeks and i will try the pouch test thanks for that, great link xx

Every Tuesday!! Impressive! What happened to Monday Wednesday Thursday etc etc? I just wish I could stop myself getting on the scales every morning!!!

I'm sure I will stall at some point, right now I'm only 3 weeks post op and I have had two stalls for a few days at a time that I would have missed had I not been weighing myself every single day!!

Log your food intake on myfitnesspal or similar and make sure you are eating enough calories..

I've stalled for a few days now..I'm four weeks post op today. I can't physically get in any more calories; I struggle to eat what I eat as it is. What do you advise I do to kickstart the weightloss again?

well done on your weight loss x

Log your food intake on myfitnesspal or similar and make sure you are eating enough calories..

ON your recommendation I joined myfitnesspal but there's no option to put in that I've had WLS. So it's given me a goal of 1250 calories, which there is no way I can eat. Ideas?

the five day pouch test as suggested by Marie... lots of peple have done that... i think its about retraining your pouch x

ON your recommendation I joined myfitnesspal but there's no option to put in that I've had WLS. So it's given me a goal of 1250 calories, which there is no way I can eat. Ideas?

i think we have to have 900 calories a day... but not 100% sure x

Hi Ruthie Mariew left you a link on one of your messages above..ive tried to copy the link but i dont know how to do it xx

Back