• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeved to be slimmer ?

brummyclaire

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbee :) Took the plunge and had a gastric sleeve on Wednesday (21st) I'm looking forward to my new life and a new me :)

Come say hi id be glad to talk to others who can share advise

Thank you claire xx

Welcome Claire,

I'm not too far ahead of you (6th May) and doing great :) initial loss has slowed down but I think I'm weighing too much. How are you getting on?xx

Hey thank you for your reply

I'm doing ok I think, just a little discomfort no where near as bad as I expected. It's my second day on liquids today that's taking some getting used to. Have to keep sipping to get my water in lol. Are you still in the fluids stage? Did you find it easier to get down as you went along? Xx

Hey thank you for your reply

I'm doing ok I think, just a little discomfort no where near as bad as I expected. It's my second day on liquids today that's taking some getting used to. Have to keep sipping to get my water in lol. Are you still in the fluids stage? Did you find it easier to get down as you went along? Xx

Hi Claire

I'm 30 April and still on liquids as I'm not ready for puree yet! The liquids definitely get easier, I think for me sipping through a straw really helped to slow me down and stopped discomfort yet ensured I got it all in and sucking on ice cubes. I'm now able to do 200ml in 5 -10 min rather than the half day it took 3 weeks ago! You might find warm drinks easier, to begin with I found chilled drinks really ached. Keep on,sipping, you'll get there!

Hi Claire & welcome :) I am one day behind you (sleeved 22nd May) came home today, no pain at all but couldn't hold so much as a sip of water yesterday without being sick (more spit than sick) much better today only wretched at biting the forceval capsule, that was gross.

Good luck with your journey!

Hi I had mine on the 3rd of may just moved on to the purée mush stage, everything ok so far no sickness as of yet so feeling blessed to be honest! Wishing you a happy and healthy journey x

Hi Claire, six months out now having sleeve and have lost 4 stone, just got a few pounds to go, it has been so worth it for me and I hope that all is going well so far for you.

Hi Claire, six months out now having sleeve and have lost 4 stone, just got a few pounds to go, it has been so worth it for me and I hope that all is going well so far for you.
Old woman, what was your starting bmi if I may ask? Sleeve was refused as with a bmi of 34.6 I wasnt heavy enough. Lost six stones with band, now bmi 21-22.

Hi Claire, I was bypassed the same day as you 21.5.14 at Solihull spire by Mr Richardson. Who and where did you have your sleeve done?

Hi, mine was 29th April now on day 3 of purées, the shakes got easier and faster after the first week, however I did struggle with the 6 x 200 ml shakes at week 4 most days only managed 5, did get around 1500mls of other liquids in as well . Spoke to my dietician who said not to worry as different things work for different people and my overall consumption was fine, keep at it and good luck...

Sorry for the late replys I've had wifi issues! Ggrr

Hi Stacey I've been using a straw and find that really helps, I'm liking the ice cube idea as really struggling with water only can manage a few sips at a time. It's so different to get used to it. I hope you will soon be ok to move on to purée xx

Hi Claire & welcome :) I am one day behind you (sleeved 22nd May) came home today, no pain at all but couldn't hold so much as a sip of water yesterday without being sick (more spit than sick) much better today only wretched at biting the forceval capsule, that was gross. Good luck with your journey!

Hey, aww that's not good. I hope your finding it easier as you go along xx

Hi Claire I'm 30 April and still on liquids as I'm not ready for puree yet! The liquids definitely get easier, I think for me sipping through a straw really helped to slow me down and stopped discomfort yet ensured I got it all in and sucking on ice cubes. I'm now able to do 200ml in 5 -10 min rather than the half day it took 3 weeks ago! You might find warm drinks easier, to begin with I found chilled drinks really ached. Keep on,sipping, you'll get there!

Sorry for the late reply, had wifi issues! Gggrrr

Hi Stacey, I find using a straw really helps, liking the ice cube idea I must try that as I really struggle to get water down only can manage a few sips at a time. I find the warm drinks easier too. I hope you'll soon be ready for the purée stage xx

What did everyone have for their pre op diet ? I don't really like slim fast shakes are there any other ones that are recommended that fill you up so I don't think about food lol

Androulla x

Hi Claire & welcome :) I am one day behind you (sleeved 22nd May) came home today, no pain at all but couldn't hold so much as a sip of water yesterday without being sick (more spit than sick) much better today only wretched at biting the forceval capsule, that was gross. Good luck with your journey!

Hi gemzy. That's not good I'm sorry to hear that and hope your are finding it a lot easier as the days go along. Wishing you good luck too x

What did everyone have for their pre op diet ? I don't really like slim fast shakes are there any other ones that are recommended that fill you up so I don't think about food lol Androulla x

I had to do 1 week of 1000cals (I did a version of the slim fast diet but lower calories for my evening meal, I wanted to easy myself in to the next week) and 1 week of the milk and yogurt I had 3 shakes a day and upto 5 Muller light yogurts I was allowed an oxo drink for something savoury, I was allowed 2 pints of milk a day or the shakes could you just manage the milk? To be honest I found the 2nd week easier as I wasn't hungry all the calcium suppresses any cravings and I didn't have to think about preparing food, the low calorie for me was the hardest as all I had to think about was what I could have lol x

Back