• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Year pre op, pre op diet

DaisyMaesy

Following on from Ravelling's thread for post oppers, thought I would start one for all of us waiting for our ops but not at the pre op diet stage yet (practise run if you like)
I want this to be motivational for pre oppers so separate from the brilliant losses of post oppers.

So all you out there lets challenge ourselves to lose what we can pre op, promise ourselves no more bingeing, bad habits and only good healthy eating from now on. Lets make this the first year of our new lives right from the start.
My details are on my tracker to start the ball rolling.

And don't forget, any loss will aid the surgery

People on pre op diet welcome too

Good Luck.
Any weight lost pre-op will help your recovery so much xxx

ON PRE OP DIET

Hi nice to here from someone at a similar point to me although i mite be slightly ahead i am 1 week into my pre op diet and it is hard work not the food but the habbit of going to the cupboard or fridge and just eating what you fancy especialy as i have a wife and daughter who are stick thin so they dont have to worry temptation is all around and so i have to keep my mind busy like this site i think its a great idea so people in the same situ can let off steam and get help and support off others, I myself have been fighting for this surgery for 3 years and am now so close i am getting neveous, my journey has been long and hard having to use my local mp to help fight the battle with the PCT for funding and c--k ups made at walsall mean i have learnt alot so any questions about getting to this point please ask and i will try to help.
Sorry to rattle on for so long
Cheers Richard

Welcome aboard Richard, be great to know what other things you are doing to beat temptation! How supportive are the wife and daughter? My daughter is stick thin and i'm worried that she might not understand

:)Great thread DM-you've already made a good start by the look of your ticker:)

Plus I firmly believe that joining in with the WLS forum for over a year as a pre-op has helped me enormously

Good luck to all pre-ops (& any lurkers) in the tough battle aheadxxx

Stick with us Richard we will do it together,Im at a similar stage to yourself and feeling a bit jittery,still feel I should be able to lose weight without surgery but know that after years of trying and failing its the only way.Maz x

Hi Maz
My opp has just been cancelled so that is a big kick in the teeth i have not been given another date just told to stop diet and continue as normal
Cheers Rich

oh no Richard, I am so sorry. In a way am glad i have not got my date yet as there seems to be a lot of cancellations lately due to this flu I suppose

Hi daisy
My wife is not convinsed (cant spell ) that surgery is the right anwser but she works in our local hospital and so is a bit synical but my Daughter is great she totaly supports me but just doesnt want her dad to go into hospital cause we live in Stoke on Trent she wont be able to visit me but again my opp has just been caceled so no probs. Im Gutted lol

Count me in DaisyMaesy... It has taken me a little while to catch up as recently had a non-wls surgery but I'm ready to get going now. Hoping to have wls in early 2012 so I've got a long way to go yet but I really want to start the ball rolling. Just started WW on Monday so no weight lost on ticker yet but will update weekly. Thanks for starting this thread - how are things going for you? x

Unfortunately not very well. I am finding it hard to maintain let alone lose weight but saying that I am doing something which I feel for me is more important than pre op weight loss and that is making the lifestyle changes that I need to do ready for post op. I am trying not very successfully to not drink with meals, chew much slower again not very successful (I think this comes from clearing your plate before someone else helped you top do it!) cutting right down on alcohol which is going very well and stopping eating when feeling full again this is going well. Just these small changes are very hard and to try and lose weight as well would make me unsuccessful. So I will stick with the lifestyle changes. These must be having an effect as I am not putting weight on which is good.

Thinking of you Carol and do hope that you are ok... it's one heck of a journey and not easy at all... hope it won't be long before your wls and your opportunity to move forward with the assistance... which I certainly needed.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

I think the lifestyle changes are the hardest part! We've had these habits for such a long time that we feel like they define us. BUT they don't, they're just what we do or (more importantly) what we used to do.

One of the reasons I never feel full is because I always eat too quickly and I think its because I'm so busy dishing the meal up, then making sure everyone has a drink, then helping the kids to cut their food into pieces and feeding the baby at the same time as trying to eat my own meal that I just stuff as much in as possible and chew as quickly as possible before it gets cold or someone else finishes it for me.

Making those small but difficult changes now is what is going to make your surgery a success. The weight loss will come in its own time but the satisfaction of knowing you're ending that cycle of bad habits is already there, you just need to feel it.

Well done, you're doing great - feel proud and you'll go from strength to strength xxx

I've been like a yo-yo since Christmas, last time I got weighed at hospital I was 17st 10lb. I have been going up to 18st 2lb then back down to 17st 10lb but just can't seem to get any lower and I only seem to get my head in to gear for a week (hence the getting back to 17st 10lb every now and again) and then it all goes out the window. I know I've got my op in May and I really would like to be 17st when I have the op. But reading this thread has gave me some inspiration to get back on track so I will keep updating this thread with my weightloss on a weekly basis to try and help me keep it up.
Good Luck to everyone, Karen x

Hi Karen,

Christmas weight gain and the winter months are a nightmare for people like us... I went back up to over 18 stones after Christmas... and typically felt terrible and so disillusioned with myself.

Try and track everything you are eating.... I record on here with the daily meal diary. Plus myfitnesspal and get a run down of everything I'm intaking daily.

Here for you if I can help.

Love and hugs precious xxx

Great to hear from you Karen. How fantastic that you're getting your wls in May - what an incentive! I'm terrible for getting myself all ready to go and then only lasting a few days or couple of weeks but I think it makes a huge difference to know other people care how you're getting on and willing you to achieve your goals. Good luck hun x

Had a great week on WW and lost 5lbs so very happy x

Well done Newcy. I find it quite encouraging to be getting on the scales and have not added to last weeks total. Never happened before LOL

Thanks DaisyMaesy. I know what you mean - we just need to keep plugging at it and we'll get there in the end. It definitely helps to be updating this thread each week x

I lost 2lb this week, getting back on track again, thanks for your support, Karen x

Back