• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve I am really confused

Slim4son

Hi guys I am really confused about this and is now all I seem to be researching and thinking about

I have made up my mind not to have the banding and don't think this is for me

The options I have now is do I go for the sleeve or the wrap confused.com

I have had a price for sleeve in belgium for w l s group I think it is offering 3 years aftercare etc

I have also heard a lot of good reviews from cosmetic Boise and also about the wrap but not sure what is best
With cosmetic bliss do they see you before you go to get Done over here or do you have to wait till you in hospital before they can confirm surgery is ok with all tests etc wht happens if something wrong and I can't have procedure and I have made a journey for nothing having being sent home

In would really appreciate your guidance on this cheers xxx

hey slim,

i went with cosmetic bliss and had a sleeve. Before you go they ask you to have a series of blood tests done to try and rule out any issues which may prevent you having the surgery. Your first day in the hospital is full of tests (more than they carry out in the UK) to again, make sure everything is well with you.

Ive heard of two people being sent back home once they got there - the first hadnt followed the pre-op diet which meant the liver was far to big to operate on. The other had another complication (cant remember now what it was) which was only found once they went in.

Both of the paitients went home to sort out those issues and then went back again to have the op.

They had to pay for the cost of the flights and the one night in a hotel when they went back (it was about £150).

In terms of which is best, a sleeve or a wrap, i honestly dont know. Ive read about a few wrappers having a very similar weight loss to sleevers and doing well. My personal experiece is that i love my sleeve!

good luck with deciding! x

Back