• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Year pre op, pre op diet

Very well done Karen, great to follow you many achievements!

Love and hugs xxx

Excellent Karen - well done. Keep us posted xxx

Well done Karen xx

I lost 4lbs this week - just 1lb away from getting under 17 stone for the first time in about 2 years x

Now that is brilliant news, well done

Woo hoo! I've lost 2lbs this week (not bad with mother's day) and under 17 stone for the first time since falling pregnant with my youngest daughter over 3 years ago x

You are doing so well, I congratulate you. I also admire your determination, mine seems to have gone for a walk LOL

OMG! I've lost a stone in 4 weeks - I'm sooooo happy. I've managed to lose 3 lbs this week which is fantastic. This is the point I normally start slowing down and losing my motivation so I'm really trying to stay focussed.

How are you getting on Karen - only 5 weeks to go until the big day x

Hope your motivation has got back from it's walk Daisy x

That's fantastic Newcy. Are you still doing WW?

Thanks hun. Yep still WW - I'm not finding it too bad but we've got a few nights out planned over the next couple of weeks plus the kids are going to be off school so fingers crossed I don't fall off the waggon x

my weight before the 9th Nov was 308 lbs on the 9th Nov it was 294lbs, it is not alot as this was over about 4 months but what with changing from full milk to semi skimmed and throwing out the deep fat fryer for the past 3 years to me its not bad.

Well im slowly getting the 10% i was asked to lose before my op in Jan/Feb 37lb of the 38lb gone so im aiming for 42lb (3st) before my appointment with the dietician on 15th December 2011 so 5lb to go !
Have upped the exercise and doing the gym and swim 3 times a week so fingers crossed and it will give me a little buffer for Christmas just incase :)

hi guys new to all this , have op date 10th feb been dieting for 8 weeks lost 1 1/2 stone, but have pre op diet to start on monday , havent a clue what to do & worried wont lose enough and they wont do op ?? any help would be great am doing 800 calories diet

Can anyone tell me how to add a weight ticker to my profile or anywhere else please

My husband is also stick thin he needs to gain weight from his liver transplant but he did do the most Fabulous thing today when I got home the closet of crap was empty and I had a shelf for all my supplements and protein it's helping so much

Ok here's the update to my ds surgery lots of problems. Pulmonary embolism leakage and the newest is an abscess in my spleen from infection that spread from my leak at the surgery site.

Hi, I have also had exactly the same problems with the PCT,
Just got my date it's the 6th feb after waiting nearly 4 years, started the slim fast diet 5 days ago and I'm really struggling and i have another 3 weeks, this is so hard, I'm really struggling,
I just have to keep looking at the bigger picture and know it will be worth it in the long run, but wow this has been the toughest testiment to my will power I have ever had to endure,
Good luck and I hope it gets easier for us all
X

Hi nice to here from someone at a similar point to me although i mite be slightly ahead i am 1 week into my pre op diet and it is hard work not the food but the habbit of going to the cupboard or fridge and just eating what you fancy especialy as i have a wife and daughter who are stick thin so they dont have to worry temptation is all around and so i have to keep my mind busy like this site i think its a great idea so people in the same situ can let off steam and get help and support off others, I myself have been fighting for this surgery for 3 years and am now so close i am getting neveous, my journey has been long and hard having to use my local mp to help fight the battle with the PCT for funding and c--k ups made at walsall mean i have learnt alot so any questions about getting to this point please ask and i will try to help.
Sorry to rattle on for so long
Cheers Richard
Hey Win, How long have you got to follow your pre op diet for, I am going for a gastric bypass on the 7th November, but only had to follow a low carb diet for 10 days, I have seen people saying they have followed the milk diet for longer. All the best with your op

Back