• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not feeling too good.... :(

J-Mo

:wave_cry:

I been in pain under my left rib & even when its not painful its uncomfortable?

Is this normal?

I'm not feeling 100% well so feeling very neurotic about this. Please don't think bad of me 'cos it will pass & I'm not usually this pathetic.

I feel as if my bypass hasn't worked or its leaking. I can drink gallons of water with no problem whatsoever & I've not lost a lb since being released from hospital!!

Sorry for being a whingy moany c*w :cry::cry::cry:

Doesnt help that every time I mention taking a painkiller which is maybe once or twice a day, my family/friends think I'm gonna end up in rehab 'cos the hospital prescribed me tramadol!! Maybe its two weeks in the priory that I need.
:cool:
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go​

*** I'm that daft I've posted this under gastric sleeve instead of gastric bypass!!

Last edited:
Oh please give yourself a break you only had surgery 7 days ago :rolleyes::D

You are still healing, things will still hurt but if you are worried then please go get it checked. pain is a warning sign and after surgery should always be heeded.

Are you taking your pain killers regular? Sod what any one else thinks and don't be a martyr here. You need them that's why you were given them.

I think left sided pain is normal after these surgeries or if not normal very common.
:):)

Lol J-mo....shurrup you moany cow ;) Just kidding hun. Im the same, Im worried about every little tweak and niggle! I only got paracetamol liquid (cant take Tramadol they make me feel like I want to die!) when I came home and its that vile I cant take it very much. I wouldnt worry that your bypass hasnt worked or about how much water you can drink, my dietician said liquids will go straight through so there wont be any restriction. Just try and relax, and if the pain continues phone your team and ask their advice. Its such early days for us and we are learning all the time. I was worried my guts would fall out till I saw how small the holes were!! (bit dissappointing really ;) ) You will be fine hun (hugs) XX

Oh dear, dont you just wished we all lived around the corner from each other so we can pop round and hug each other and have a cup of tea.

Hope you feel better soon, and I agree dont be a martyr, take the pain killers, and if it doesnt improve, even slightly with 24 hours contact you team or your doctor.

Big hugs hun. xxxx

oh babe......im sure its nothing, when i had mine i thought it was leaking but like the other gals have said you're 7 days in and it will hurt like a bugger.
To put your mind at ease give your team a ring then you can rest easy xx

I'm sure it's nothing but any pains should be investigated so ring your team and ask. I bet it's a bit of trapped wind or bruising but better to check...

Now down to the weight loss.... Hmmm you telling me you've not lost 70lb since your surgery, well thats it you've cocked it up girl....

Seriously you are full of anaesthetic and fluids (the way we drink after surgery it surprises me we don't leak like watering cans) so i'm not surprised you may not have lost anything.... Give it a week then weigh again, i'm sure you'll be happy...

Fluids will go straight through you so you won't feel like you have restriction, wait till you try something with a bit of body :) You'll know then you have a little pouch :) :)

Keep the faith, you are gonna rock your surgery xx

Aw Jacci! I remember you getting into a lather before surgery and you still are! Remember , calm down or you're gonna give yourself the vapours.

In addition to the sage advice above, listen to Neen's dippy hypnosis, relax and trust the process...ohmmmmmm
ohhmmmmmmm.........

Pain

Hi J-Mo

Ive also been having pain in my left side, according to some ppl its where most of the work is done..

Just like you i thought OMG am i leaking LOL

I dont think its nothing to worry about.

Also i made exactly the same comment when i come out of Hospital i had gained weight :-(

I think its just normal for us....

:wave_cry:

I been in pain under my left rib & even when its not painful its uncomfortable?

Is this normal?

I would say a resounding YES! I am a couple of days behind you but every niggly, stabbing pain I get is a bit worrying, but probably par for the course at this stage. I keep getting random stabbing pains in my shoulders too, but have been assured this is all normal due to wind. I'm finding the gurgling, groaning & glooping noises very weird...and had hiccups a few times which is very painful, but it will get better over time I'm sure!

jacci do you want auntie chris to get in the car and come down to sunny silky and give you a slap ? joking aside you are getting yourself worked up because of whats happened to charis ad are staring to panic. its not only a week tomorrow since you had the op, you are gonna hurt everything is fixing together and joining to its new bits. and so what if you need pain killers take them if you need them no one gets a medal for being brave - trust me i had my son with no pain killers and no one thinks better of you they just think your daft. anyway heard the priory is nice and i could do with a trip out down south for a long weekend to visit

and the water may be absorbing straight into your system, anesthetic (sp) leaves you dehyrated for days.

...........but if you are still concerned on monday you call the hospital just to check

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry you're not feeling well hun :(

I had a pain after surgery that was due to pulling a stitch under my wound. I phoned the bariatric nurse and she explain what it was and told me to rest as it would heal itself.

It may be something like that, but just in case, ring your after care team and speak to them.

Now then, after an op we are intially euphoric from the anaesetic and then, at some point, the anaesetic leaves our system and our mood crashes. Post-op blues can set in a various stages after an op and can come and go. Please be less harsh on yourself and try to ride it out.

And I am speaking from experience - as my past posts will verify. I was the ORIGINAL moany cow ;)

Thanks everyone I don't know what I would do without you all!! Honestly I really don't.

I think factors contributing to me feeling so low are, I'm fighting with my fella! Also my glamorous, size 6 friend who lives in Dubai has become so shallow & fixated on my weight! I came home from hospital on Monday & she rang me, the first thing she said was "how much have you lost the?". She rang Tuesday & asked the same thing, I told her where to go but she just laughed & said "ring or text me when you weigh yourself". Yesterday she rang to inform me that she was coming home on 18th December "so expected me to be a skinny mini by then", she followed this up with "I'm on the slim fast diet so your not skinnier than me"!!! FFS!!! I ignored her call today.

I feel really guilty saying bad things about her cos I love her to bits but since she's been living over there she has become so wrapped up in the luxury glamorous lifestyle that I think she's out of touch with reality!! She's become so shallow its unbelievable!!

Sorry for another rant. I'm going to sleep in my own bed tonight for the first time in over a week!! I've been sleeping propped up on my sofa all week.

Hi J-MO please try not to panic hun, as others have said liquids will pass staright through and until you go on to more solid food you will not over do it nor will you feel restriction. As for the pain, the left side is indeed where most of the work is done and i had pain on and off there for a while post op. You are in very early stages post op and it could still be trapped wind. Keep an eye on it and if you are at all worried call your team but i'm sure all is fine hun. Big hugs xx

Dont worry bout your friend hun.
When i had my op everyone at work went on a diet cos as one of the put it so nicely......"we couldnt bare to be fatter than you"
Your gonna be fab xxxx

Also my glamorous, size 6 friend who lives in Dubai has become so shallow & fixated on my weight! I came home from hospital on Monday & she rang me, the first thing she said was "how much have you lost the?". She rang Tuesday & asked the same thing, I told her where to go but she just laughed & said "ring or text me when you weigh yourself". Yesterday she rang to inform me that she was coming home on 18th December "so expected me to be a skinny mini by then", she followed this up with "I'm on the slim fast diet so your not skinnier than me"!!! FFS!!! I ignored her call today.

Yep, she's your buddy and you love her, thats kool. None of us are without imperfections, so in friendships we often have to look past each others flaws.

However, our being the fattest in the crowd leaves so many people comforted. Sometimes in jest, people speak what is really in their heart. She can't really bear the thought of you being smaller, god forbid you get smaller than her!

Everyone can deal with another one of our diet flops, it's our pattern..... but sucess, that a whole other ball game and it drastically changes the friendship dynamics. You wont be the fat friend anymore hun. Her pproblem ,,,,, not yours!

Relax, give yourself a moment to heal and for the hurting to stop.... and it will..... then blossom like the flower you are meant to be.

Back