• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimming World

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
So after over two years post op, I have to admit I have let ten pound creep back on.

I know why, eating the wrong foods and snacking but it's still gone on.

So last night I signed up to Slimming World, I have to say I felt more nervous than when I was sitting in the waiting room of Luton and Dunstable pre op.

Is anyone else on slimming world and how have you got on?

Also happy new year to you and may it be a good one to everybody.

I have been at slimming world all my life but stopped when I had the op 8 weeks ago. I plan to go back as I know it will help focus me. The best thing is when you reach your target weight you can carry on going to the weigh sessions for free. Would recommend staying for the image therapy as this is the bit that will get you motivated and back on track... good luck with the 10 pound.

It's my friend that runs the class so think I amassing pressure on myself not to let her down as well.

Plus the fact that I feel a bit of a fraud going after my bypass.

I'm sure it will be ok though.

I love slimming world and have lost 1 St 3 lb since joining. I think it encourages a healthy lifestyle. I know some people think it encourages you to eat unlimited carbs and free food but you just have to be sensible. Best of luck. I'm sure you will enjoy the support you get and you get a great boost when you lose but made to feel bad if you don't.

No not really especially for a man. I'd aim for 1500.

If you've been to a meeting you should have been told the plan - just follow it. I also find it really hard to believe that 2 years out you're stuffed on 800 cals. I think you need to recheck your portion sizes, make sure you're counting those lattes you're fond of and any snacks you're adding.

I have quite a small pouch so If I count I would be hard pushed to reach a thousand. A diet protein shake could up the calories or calorie dense food that is good for you like milk cheese and wholemeal bread. You'll need to do that for your healthy extras anyway. Another idea is to have smaller meals but more throughout the day. I tend to do that so I can get more in.

I hope I'm as sensible as you when I get to goal.
You hear so many stories of people putting all the weight back on - but you've actually sat up and decided to do something about it at 10lbs. Very well done!
(Sorry if this sounded patronising - not meant to just sp proud)
I'm hoping that my new obsession with running will help me when I get to goal.

I hope I'm as sensible as you when I get to goal. You hear so many stories of people putting all the weight back on - but you've actually sat up and decided to do something about it at 10lbs. Very well done! (Sorry if this sounded patronising - not meant to just sp proud) I'm hoping that my new obsession with running will help me when I get to goal.

You will be just fine, stay focused, I took my eye of things for a few months

Wow 800-900 is so low. Do you still get aftercare? Band and bypass are so different. I have put a few pounds on over Christmas but as soon as I start eating 1600 or less they drop off quickly again. I am very very lucky. But as you so rightly said, you took your eyes off things. Its easy to do. Anyone who thinks weight loss surgery is the 100% answer, just doesn't know how hard it is. It's going to be a lifetime diet for those of us who still have the old demons popping up. You can do it Gary, will upping the protein and calories help boost things?

SLIMMING WORLD IN MY OPINION IS THE BEST DIET OUT THERE.
THE GROUPS ARE USUALLY VERY INFORMATIVE AND IF YOU FOLLOW ALL THE RULES YOU SHOULD LOOSE WELL...
ITS NOT A FAD DIET IT VERY SENSIBLE

Personally although Im still a member I stopped going as the weekly weigh in pressure was too much for me..Im doing OK now seeing my GP nurse :)

I have been triying to loose my last half a stone for a while.
reached target weight a few months ago now (bmi 23 atm) but why not be greedy?
Gave up alcohol for jan, if it does nit shift the half a stone will give it a go.

By the way you look fab Yvessa!

So after over two years post op, I have to admit I have let ten pound creep back on.

I know why, eating the wrong foods and snacking but it's still gone on.

So last night I signed up to Slimming World, I have to say I felt more nervous than when I was sitting in the waiting room of Luton and Dunstable pre op.

Is anyone else on slimming world and how have you got on?

Also happy new year to you and may it be a good one to everybody.

Is was at my check up at the hospital I was told I'd gained 10lbs,that I nipped it in the bud!
Increased protein and drank more water with exercise.
Soon came off,but maybe I have gained a little over christmas too.
Soon be gone again,I'm dying to get back to my chick peas!

Back