• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slow cooker recipes not just for bypassers

greyputy

snagglepuss said:
Chilli and bolognese can both be healthy too Pandora, just make sure to use very lean mince, or quorn, or a mixture of both! Also adding sneaky veggies like grated carrot etc that will all but dissolve in a slow cooker, you can hide stuff in there!!! :D

A little bit of Total 0% Greek yoghurt acts as a sour cream replacement for chilli. Feels like your having something you shouldn't ;-) adds a little calcium in for good measure as well

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Raynebubble

oh im loving my own thread too!! its got me all excited about cooking... and i hate cooking... but i went and brought more beef today... im on a mission.. ooh i sent off for a book this week.. wasnt cheap £12.95 but thought you maybe interested.. i ordered it tuesday and it came today... help for all stages written my a lady who lost 5 stone with a bypass but the book is aimed at all wait loss surgeries and has some nice recipes in..she also has a website and you can order the book from there.

Return to Slender after weightloss surgery
by Carol Bowen Ball
www.bariatriccookery.com

pandora

finding my way again !
Are a member of food site on Fb ( can't use proper name , will get told off ! ) ?

Raynebubble

thats how i heard about the book xx

pandora

finding my way again !
I thought I would get it too , once I've been paid .... god I hate being paid before Xmas , makes Jan a loooong month :(

Raynebubble

it is an interesting read.. not a very thick book but has some very helpfull tips and stuff and it was also writen in 2010 so not that long ago x

pandora

finding my way again !
Apparently there is a new one about to be published too x

Montana

Raynebubble

yeah its a lot of money for what it is x

penelope1008

Swartz do some specific slow cooker mixes a beef one, a curry one & a sausage one they are all lovely. I've tried both quorn & ww sausages with the sausage one both were just as good as the other. But also done some bung it ones with whatever I've had in the house & basically anything goes its great.

Raynebubble

ive not tried sausages yet, but ive always eaten a lot of quorn, im not veggie but its low in fat... im on soft food stage so i guess i can now make a sausage cassarol. just not tried sausages yet x