• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow down

5 months post op. Was my surgery failing me, not egg custards and almond croissants, no way cos they didn't make me dump and they didn't make me sick so they must have been okay for me :) xx

Mine started to slow down when I was about 7 months out from approx 1 stone a month to 1/2 stone a month now at 15 months out I lose approx 4lb a month

I was done feb and lose on average 1 stone per month but I will still be happy with half that aswell. How about hunger? I still don't really get hungry if I do it's only occasionally ? X

I was done feb and lose on average 1 stone per month but I will still be happy with half that aswell. How about hunger? I still don't really get hungry if I do it's only occasionally ? X

Same here I don't feel hungry very often but still get head hunger and cravings :D

Just hope it lasts it's half the battle if your not hungry. And praying that the cravings stay at bay lol x

Mine stalled last month (after 4 and half months).

I know that it was down to my poor food choices..
I unfortunately discovered that I can eat almost anything!
Even the bad stuff!
Only now I can only eat it in small quantities.

I DO NOT dump on anything. Biscuits, crisps, chips, doughnuts, chocolate, pizza.. Yep I can eat it ALL :cry:

I had an activity holiday last week where I only ate 3 x small meals a day and protein based snacks.
I did slip up on one day and ate 1x ring doughnut :eek:

I did LOTS of walking, hiking and exercise and was delighted on my return to find I had lost another 6Llbs:D

This proved to me that my bypass is still working!
It was ME that wasn't :eek:

Back on track now. Yesterday I did over an hours swimming and today an hour at the Gym (My 1st visit)

Lost another 2 Llbs.

I had become disheartened and thought that was it, my weight loss had stopped.

I had to have a good talk to myself. Reminded myself that "Bypass Surgery is a TOOL".

It is up to me what I choose to eat and how much exercise I do.

I do know that the weight loss does slow down eventually. The body adjusts and starts to absorb more, but not SO soon, after 5 months? We need to take advantage of the first 12 months and work with our bypass. Learn to make good food choices and not slip into our old ways. I did for a while :cry:

THanks for that Jay, i am like you i can eat anything, and i need a kick up the bum, you gave that to me. xx

Iam six and a half months out now, to be honest ive tried most things and have been ok but I think it's because I've only had tiny bits like one piece of chocolate instead of the bar I wud eat before. I still want to lose 71lb but know it's going to slow down soon :(

Back