• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rate of weight loss

Mio

I know this is very much an individual thing, but I was wondering what the "average" weekly weight loss per week with a band? I know it's much slower and steadier than a bypass (which is what I want) but realised I'm not sure what to expect after I have my op!
TIA :)

I am really interested in this too. I lost 13lbs in my pre-op diet but only 7 in the past 3 weeks - and it seems to have slowed right down this week. While other Banders appear to be steadily loosing 2-3lbs per week.

i lost a stone in the first few weeks after my op then nothing until i had 3 fills over a few months. Since third fill roughly 1lb a week, have a look at my signature
good luck to you

Thanks Sarahk, that's really helpful. I didn't know until recently that you don't start losing weight from the band until you've had a fill or two. Suppose it makes sense but just didn't think about it!
Losing three stone in a year is fantastic, if I did that I'd be well on my way to my goal weight :-D

Hi, I've lost nearly 4 stone now, just under 2 of it was pre op and the other 2 has been since surgery (7 months ago). I always think that 1lb a week is great as it adds up to 3 1/2st a year. However life can get in the way and it is possible to gain weight if you're not making the right choices or you haven't got good restriction. Hope this helps xx

Back