• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

smile

princesszippie

Hello
I am new to this site and this kind of support. I am seriously considering WLS, and feel that I am now obsessing with it. I am not sure whether to go to see the GP or whether to look at this privately, however I would struggle to find the cash. Although I know it would be a small cost to put an end to my misery. Any one got any advice??????:confused:

Hi and :welcome2:to the site, i would go and have a chat with your GP which ever way you decide to go he may be able to give you information on the better places to go private as well as how it works on the NHS :)

Hi and Welcome.

Before deciding to self fund, it would be worth finding out if you meet the criteria for WLS on the NHS. You can check out BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association to see what the policy is for your area, or if you post your BMI on here, then someone from your area may know if you have any chance of getting funding.

Good luck with your journey xx

good morning and welcome, im new here too and this is the best place to find all the info, as the ladies above have said consult in your doctor first and see what he thinks at least that advise is free.

good luck with the future :)

Welcome x id say your first port of call should be with the gp they can then give you some more advice as to where to go next , good luck with your journy x

I can't believe all you kind ladies have taken the time to respond. Thank you so much. Right that is it, I will book an appointment today. i will keep you all posted.
Thanks again

Hello and welcome...

As the others say approach your GP first, you may be surprised. Check out your BOSPA site and find out what your BMI is and if you have any comorbidities that may help with funding....

Where are you from? One of us might be able to give advice if we know the area and which primary care trust you come under....

Good luck either way xxx

:) Hello,

I have had a gastric band done in Nov 2009. I have tried to get help for 4 years but had no luck until i saw another doctor.Due to my weigh and health problems i was allowed this. I would go back to see your doctor if no help see another one.
If you are allowed one this will take up to a year before you are allowed the op .

good luck :)

Hello

There are lots of different bariatric options you could look into. The BOSPA website gives details of all the different types of surgery.

Back