• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

smoking and wls...

cherry

So the journey of wls is a hard long one, and im wondering if anyone has the added pressure of having to stop smoking to?... i am not a smoker but after seeing a documentry last week, a girl had a bypass and tt and her wound never HEALED it kept opening up and this was all because she was a smoker, maybe if there s a few of you on here thats having to do wls and weightloss plus stop smoking could use this thread as encouragement!......

Guilty as charged up until two weks before my surgery i was a 30 a day smoker and had been for years. I was told if i didn't give it up they might not do my surgery. I bought an electric cigarette and used it right up until the night before surgery. A year down the line i have never smoked again nor even used my electric cigarette. It wasn't easy but i'm so so glad i did it x

ooo wow!!! well done you! you ve done fab, just goes to show what your prepared to do for the surgery if that doesnt show comitment nothing will.... xx

I am a smoker have been for 24 yrs, since getting my funding i've stopped & started again, i'm now on day 8 of stopping again my surgery is in 6 wks time so i know that this time that is it i have 2 stop, my poor 13 yr daughter is going through hell a mum who is trying to maintain a weight loss & stop smoking this house is ugly at the minute but i just keep thinking of the outcome :D

keep strong em!!! you CAN do this!!! and think of that end result from your op!! x

Im sure some of you have already seen me say this but I used to smoke 80 a day! I gave up 3 years ago after having 2 strokes and its the best thing I ever did. Im so happy I dont have to worry about smoking and surgery now :D x

dotty 80 a day!!! but well done you on stoppin thats a huge achievement xx

I was a right smokey joe, always had a fag in my hand! When I think back now I cant believe I smoked so much lol x

Well done Em, Allie and Jacqui... great to hear you kicked the habit.... although that is easy for me to say... having never smoked... I know how hard it is my parents were both chain smokers, but all five of my siblings have never smoked... we probably had no choice when we were youngsters...

Well done and keep going Em!

Did anyone see the girl on the tv on Monday night who went back to the PCT for funding to remove loose skin.

I missed a little bit of that programme and caught the end, something about the post op surgery not healing and there was some mention that she should not smoke...

Did anyone see what that was all about?

Thanks pals xxx

Yea I saw that Bev, the doctor wasnt best pleased with her as she kept on smoking. He said that the wound doesnt heal if you smoke. I think she had to go back and have it done twice after the original TT. He said she needed other surgery but he wouldnt do it unless she stopped smoking! x

That was it Jacqui, didn't it look as though her wound was still open though?

She was in great need of help, I couldn't believe she was turned down... I hope she has packed in the smoking now, since she really needed medical support...

xxx

she did babe she packed it in, as he said he wouldnt give her the surgery for her boobs if she didnt! incentive or what! x

Yea but she got turned down for the funding for her boob job! They said it wasnt life threatening The doc wasnt impressed as he said as the clinician he should say whats needed not the PCT. I agree :D

The clinician was lovely... what excellent support from him xxx

He was, I wish they were all like him, there are some horrors out there lol X

P.s. Kelly, I lurvvveee your new pic :D

You are a glamour girl Kelly, just wait til you get that weight down!!!

I thought the same Jacqui, heck of a nice doctor, both of them were in that programme, I imagine Dr. Ammori to be like that... not met him yet xxx

argh thanks girls... oooo Mr Balupuri... i fell for him! ha x

Back