• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

snacks

i spoke to my biartric clinic and explained that i have never been a big drinker and that i struggle... and she said as long as i drink a litre a day then that is just fine... i can now manage about 1200ml.. so im over my litre... what i do is i have a 500 mi bottle which i fill up with nas squash.. then i have that with me so if im out i can sip on that.. also whenever i go in the kitchen i make a mug of tea which is 200ml and fill up my flask... so that i have tea aswell xx

Raynebubble said:
oh Debz i have no idea why they didnt tell you this. some people can drink up to five mins before... i could on pureed, but my guidlines now say on soft food...do not drink 30 mins before or after a meal... so im sticking to that x but it does confuse me if you have a snack.. as that means another hour without fluids... which i need to keep up due to water infection

I was always told 30 mins before and after

i spoke to my biartric clinic and explained that i have never been a big drinker and that i struggle... and she said as long as i drink a litre a day then that is just fine... i can now manage about 1200ml.. so im over my litre... what i do is i have a 500 mi bottle which i fill up with nas squash.. then i have that with me so if im out i can sip on that.. also whenever i go in the kitchen i make a mug of tea which is 200ml and fill up my flask... so that i have tea aswell xx

We do get a fair amount of water from food too. I was told that because of the diuretic effect of tea and more so coffee, you should add in more clear liquid for each cup we drink. That would mean five gallons of water a day for me LOL

I used a sippy bottle to help me get in enough fluid in, in the early days. It might just be a guy thing but I found I couldn't stop putting the bottle's nipple in my mouth all day LOL....................I'll get me coat :D:eek:

We do get a fair amount of water from food too. I was told that because of the diuretic effect of tea and more so coffee, you should add in more clear liquid for each cup we drink. That would mean five gallons of water a day for me LOL

I used a sippy bottle to help me get in enough fluid in, in the early days. It might just be a guy thing but I found I couldn't stop putting the bottle's nipple in my mouth all day LOL....................I'll get me coat :D:eek:

haha deff a guy thing there - i prefer a pretty glass with lots of ice!! a girl thing hehe

haha Karlos!! i buy decaffinated tea bags as the are better if your diabetic.. yesterday i had 670ml of nas squash and 600 ml tea... so thats ok isnt it? i did have a milky drink last night but im not sure that counts as fluids

I reckon fluid is fluid honey x

I have a history of renal issues so I have to drink 3 litres a day, and trust me that is tough to get in if like me you think water is for washing in LOL. Ideally your wee is a good guide, if its totally clear you are hydrated if its yellow even slightly, you need to drink more

oh my wee is ok lol.. blimey here i am talking to a guy about wee!!
i will be a lot happier when im off the antibiotics though

I know I don't drink enough my wee is the colour of a good ale in the mornings lol. It's my new years resolution to get 2 litres in a day.

With a bypass you no longer have a valve on the bottom of your stomach anymore so what you drink flushes straight through. Which is why it's ok to drink before meals but not after for half an hour as it washes the food straight through. I think it's important not to get hung up on timings etc. I don't sit watching the clock after I've eaten waiting to drink I just leave it a while before I have one.

Kate x

I was told I could drink with meals when I was on normal food and I knew my food portions size so I didnt fill myself up with the water, this was why the bypass was suggested to me by the dietician rather than the band I asked for cause with that they sed drinking would flush the food through so had to wait the full 30 mins b4 drinking and I explained I drank lots when eating. Only now I drink a little water or nas instead of my liter of full fat fizzy pop with each meal.

am a bit concerned about this since everyone else says different hope I get my 6 wk check thru soon so I can question it again lol.

i dont get a 6 week check ive got a 3 month check on the 24th feb... like ages away lol

thats probs same as sunderland then mite be y av not had an app thru lol, I have got a 6 mth app end june but I hope they see me b4 then x

i know i did ask them as people were having 6 weeks checks... and i had my staples out at my doctor surgery... so i rang them and asked and they just said we onl do 3 month checks... so i was like.. oh ok then!! lol

It's really frustrating how different hospitals give different advice. I was told the reason why we need to separate eating and drinking is because the food gets washed through the pouch too quickly and we therefore don't absorb the nutrients if we drink (as well as making us hungry quicker) so it's very important that dieticians are sure about what information they are giving patients.

i know, i dont understand why all these different hospitals, surgeons etc are all different... now this is gonna sound stupid but example...

one person invents the bypass... so he teaches his 5 surgeans who then go to other hospitals and teach the same technique to 10 other people and so on.... it seems like somewhere along the way a game of chinese whispers is going on... and we all get told different things...
i would like to meet the number one man/woman and find out who is right lol

i found that one of the hardest parts because i always used to have a brew with a meal now i do same as Rayne wait half hour before and after :) once i get back to work i think it will be easier because at the moment i can get up when i like and then struggle to get everything in doing housework etc ,and suddenly realise i haven't had a drink for ages so can't have something to eat , but when i'm at work i'm very organised and we can have water on our desks when we like so i will be able to sip more and fit my meals in too :)

i work on a till in a supermarket type shop and we have strict rules about having drinksin the shop... but i have explained to them pre-op that i will need to have a drink with me at all times and they said that would be ok. im going to pop into work tmro as i go back on monday... and double check, my doctor did say that if they refuse they will write me a letter explaining that need to have a drink with me. but my boss is ok, she did say before that it wont be a problem xx

thats probs same as sunderland then mite be y av not had an app thru lol, I have got a 6 mth app end june but I hope they see me b4 then x
i phoned srh up louise and queried this as i've got my 6 month check up in june as well and i was told that is the follow up appointment, as they don't have clinics available for checks at 6 weeks and if i had any problems in the meantime just to contact dietician and own gp!

my hospital doesnt do 6 weeks checks either... go my first appointment on 14th march which is over 3 months x

i phoned srh up louise and queried this as i've got my 6 month check up in june as well and i was told that is the follow up appointment, as they don't have clinics available for checks at 6 weeks and if i had any problems in the meantime just to contact dietician and own gp!

really??? thats a bit far away isnt it. my auntie had a check at around 8-10 wks post op shes about 4 mths ahead of me wonder if theyve had to stop it with there been so many.

Thanks for letting me no if I didnt hear anything by wk 8 I was gonna give them a ring xx

Back