• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sneezing after eating

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
Here's a weird one! Whenever I eat to restriction, I sneeze. Darned uncomfortable and inconvenient!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I wondered if my stretched pouch touches a nerve that triggers the sneezing?

Hiya! I just had a quick google for you and it seems quite a common thing, I found this repsonse from one page

It sounds like she has developed gustatory rhinitis. This is amazingly more common than you think. A simple google search for “sneezing after eating” pulls up lots of similar complaints. I would venture to guess that this is related to her gastric bypass. By making her stomach extremely small during the bypass procedure, she somehow has become more sensitive to food (that is, when her small stomach stretches, it induces the sneezing, whereas before the procedure she had a much bigger stomach). She should speak to her doctor about this and see if she can try some medications to prevent this from happening. Good luck.

Hope that helps? I think it's to do with getting full x

WLS does do strange things to us, I cough or hiccup when I am full. I like to be different lol :D

Over the last 3 weeks Ang I've started hiccuping after eating, whether a full meal or just a snack, and for a few minutes each time :-/ we're a strange lot us post-oppers. I've blamed it on all the stress but am keeping an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

tesmaralda said:
ALways said you were wierd :p:eek:

It's a fair cop.

hiccups when full - yes, sneezing when full - no.

You are unique Angela x

This doesnt happen every time I get full but it happens a LOT! My nose starts to get tickly inside and then starts running. Sometimes I sneeze too but more often than not it just tickles and runs. I do hiccup when Im very full too.
Steph xx

StephieAck said:
This doesnt happen every time I get full but it happens a LOT! My nose starts to get tickly inside and then starts running. Sometimes I sneeze too but more often than not it just tickles and runs. I do hiccup when Im very full too.
Steph xx

Im a nose runner too!

My lord it's like the seven dwarves, so far we've got sneezy, snotty, hiccupy and grumpy ;)

Snotty!

Yes!!!! I asked about this months ago but don't think many people did, so relieved I'm not the only one :D

If i really over eat i get a pain in my left shoulder. When I came around after having my op and for a few days later i had pain in my shoulder as well, i thought they had dropped me or something

I hiccup a lot too....even more since having my gallbladder out too.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back