• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So bl@* dy cold - new installment !

Bellydancer57

Following my last thread about how cold I have been since WLS & resorting to 'dressing' for bed. I finally had to buy an electric blanket to stave of the cold. Heaven! I can now report that I am now all toasty & comfy in bed & returned to sleeping naked. Not a pleasant thought for you all I know but honestly each week looks better than the last. Promise I won't post before & after pictures LOL:D x

I still have my winter weight duvet, a king size bedspread and electric blanket on and I am still carrying all my own personal 'winter weight' hehe :D
Em xxxx

I've always slept naked. Even as a child I used to take my jim jams off in my sleep. Since the op though I just can't sleep in the nude. My scar doesnt like it and my skin feels sore so I sleep in lovely soft vest and capri length jamas. It's odd the things surgry has changed which I didn't expect !

I'm on pre-op and freezing! Which is odd as I've started early menopause and had to stop my HRT in preparation for the op. I'm physically shaking most of the time and wearing lots of layers.

I find the worst sitting down, no padding on bum,, but who is complaining, i love being slim, Just bought myself some bright pink pants in a size 10 whoopeee

Following my last thread about how cold I have been since WLS & resorting to 'dressing' for bed. I finally had to buy an electric blanket to stave of the cold. Heaven! I can now report that I am now all toasty & comfy in bed & returned to sleeping naked. Not a pleasant thought for you all I know but honestly each week looks better than the last. Promise I won't post before & after pictures LOL:D x

Too funny! Glad you're feeling warmer lol x

Personally I've never felt comfortable sleeping naked BUT as you say 'each week looks better than the last' so I might give it a try post-op x

Can you believe it my partner is moaning that I'm loosing too much weight coz he likes a chubby girl & I'm 'too cold' & he misses his 'hot bottled water' - hot water bottle - he has always called it this, he is Italian.
LOL he may have to look for a new girl friend if he's not careful!

This is one thing that I'm really worried about. I've spent 5 years cold acclimatising for channel swims and I'm worried that I'm going to struggle to handle the cold this year. Only time will tell I suppose!!

Especially as we are having no Spring as yet & guess Summer will be just s bad as it normally is. Can you recommend goose fat slapped all ove Channel Swimmer?

Bellydancer57 said:
Especially as we are having no Spring as yet & guess Summer will be just s bad as it normally is. Can you recommend goose fat slapped all ove Channel Swimmer?

That's just a myth, no goose fat used these days, just a bit of vaseline where you rub. Heat retention is all down to acclimatisation and the power of mind over matter.

Fortunately I only need to do 2-3 hours in the cold at a time this year, next year though it will be much, much longer ......... gulp!!

I have been freezing since my op, I am normally going round in t-shirt & shorts even in the winter because I work outside and dont feel the cold. Now I have sweatshirts and trakki bottoms on and I am still cold.

Me too. I'm terrified of my next heating bill coz it's constantly on. I got British Gas in to check my central heating was actually working (it was & felt such a fool!) i've even taken to wearing a fleece & now totally ruined my street cred in my 'trendy' part of the city! LOL
Can't be helped coz sometimes nearly crying with cold. Such a strange experience for me.

Back