• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So close yet so far

jou

Hi all thanxs for the advice given... Phoned up like I said I would. explained that I completed the 6 month, seen the consultant, seen the easyibook nurse and the anaesthetist... What's next? She was kind of offish on the phone but said due to the bad weather ops were pushed back by a month that I was looking at July /august for a date. I could of cried .... Hoping she's wrong and it's earlier. I have waiting so long and it's not like I haven't tried. My friend say stop waiting for the op to enjoy life, which is true, but I can't help it.... I have hope!!!!! Xxx

It does give something to worl to and any sooner will be a bonus,I know what its like to wait I started late July 08 and dont see the consultant for the first time till 27th Jan.I am with your pal dont make wls your life,deal with it as it happens but do get on with making yourself as healthy as poss for the future.Maz x

I'm sorry and the waiting does always seem to be the hardest part but think about yourself a year from now, surgery done and the weight coming off you nicely and all those smaller clothes you're going to need.

Andrea

The waiting is deffinately a killer and your friend is right.....enjoy life while you are waiting but Ive been there and its not that easy! I lived and breathed WLS for 2 years, its all I could think about so I know how you feel. All I can say is you will get there and when you do you will look back and think it wasnt that long :eek: Honest! Its worth the wait XX

Back